We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Which Jimbaran hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Western...
4 posts
Save Topic
Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Can you recommend a favourite seafood restaurant on Jimbaran Bay?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Hi there I would agree Lia is a wonderful place to eat. I don't eat seafood so we have been to Bali three times without visiting this place. This time I told my hubby would go there so he could try it and didn't matter if we didn't eat, we could get something later. My daughter was happy with her Barracuda fish ($3A and chips $3A) and I was happy with my chicken satay. My hubby was happy with his plate full of prawns for $9A and I was trying to convince him to have the seafood platter which was around $30A but would feed heaps. He just had prawns as they were enough and he got to pick them out. It's a little rustic and there is a cat roaming around which I think belongs to the restaurant but the food is great and so cheap. All up I think our dinner only cost $20A for all of us including drinks.

I had read about the scams luckily (thank you trip advisor and google) and told our taxi driver where we wanted to go. He still tried to convince us to take us to "his friends who could give us a good discount "but we stayed with Lia due to the reviews of what the others do. So if people complain about the price and the servings they have been taken to the restaurants that offer the taxis a cut...stay clear from them. I wish we had gone there earlier and didn't realise how close it was to the airport so not far at all. My daughter loved the man selling fancy light things that usually cost a fortune at the circus or concerts. He was selling bbq corn so take a stroll along the beach too. Unfortunately we didn't get to see the beautiful bali sunsets as we were there in the wet season (also cyclone season) so it was always too cloudy.

I wanted to go to a traditional Indonesian place as many cater too much for western food. We tried Mades warung which was disappointing service and food was ok but I got sick the next day. Lucky I was taking priobiotics so didn't get bali belly like the last three times I have been. Should have gone to Seminyak where we have been the last three times to La Luccola. Only place you can get decent aussie wine that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. Anyone that wants to try the Gracie Kellys irish pub in Bali Dynasty restaurant will be very happy there food is great, big serves and kid friendly. I so want to go back and only left in January 2013...Loved Discovery Kartika plaza the staff there were amazing and kids club awesome.

Denpasar, Indonesia
1 post
Save Reply
82. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Hallo I am from liacafe how are you

Legian, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

I always go to one of the Bayang Cafe, there's Bayang Cafe I and II (both are about 4-5 restaurant from each side of the bay).

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
84. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

representative restaurant for you to enjoy all view of jimbaran bay and sunset is jimbaran bay seafood restaurant. Just go to http://jimbaranbayseafoods.com to see more details

Edited: 3:35 am, February 08, 2014
Perth, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
85. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Lias Seafood

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Menaga was recommended by hotel and TA but the service was rushed and bad, all seafood tasted the same as its all cooked the same way. Paid $220 aussie which included drinks for 4 adults and 2 kids, not heaps of drink either. We ordered one large lobsyer, 2crabs 3 kilos of prawns, sqid (500g) and some fries for kids.

My recommendation....

Order a kilo or two of prawns and a white fish. The lobster was just ok but the squid was tiny and tough - crab was terribly overpriced for what you got (i know crabs is a difficult seafood but really...) Try for the cheaper options as its all tastes the same, the rice was bad as was the vegtables, the guys out the front , where you order from buckets of seafood were rude and unhelpful om the whole.

Good value compared to aussie restaurants but i wouldn't call it super-cheap OR friendly, lots of options on the beach there ....shop around,

Some great buskers later in the night.

Edited: 8:43 am, April 18, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Lia Cafe.

Genuinely helpful waiter and good selection of set memu.

Perth
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
88. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Has anyone recently been to a Jimbaran Bay restaurant that they could highly recommend. It appears that Menega and Sharkeys were highly recommended but I would love to hear from someone who has been there in 2014 to get their recommendation. I also heard you can haggle the price but not sure how much to agree on. Any comments on either of the above would be hugely appreciated as my husband and I would like to go to one in the next couple of days as we are seafood lovers. Kelly

89. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:06 pm, July 11, 2014
Singapore
Level Contributor
269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

My choice at Jimbaran Bay would be Lia Cafe - those I recommended Lia to also loved it for the tasty yummy seafood & reasonable pricing

We paid 420k IDR for Paket C at Lia Cafe in May which includes lobsters-crabs-prawns-clams BUT we got the clams changed for 5 more prawns and 1 of the 2 included bintangs in the package changed for a young coconut instead - I ddn’t bother to touch the included rice and kangkong vegey at all - simply attacked the yummy seafood after the soup :-))

Altho’ the seafood was grilled, it was still very juicy/yummy with the great marinades/sauces/spices used - maybe it was because we were early as we arrived promptly at 5.30pm [after having made a reservation for the best front-row tables] - in order to catch the after-6pm sunset & have time to order our seafood !

We were given 2 very good-sized lobsters and 15 mid-sized prawns [after being told we can’t exchange for LESS Jumbo-sized prawns] and 2 very-teeny-sized crabs [next time we’ll check with them on the crab sizing 1st - would rather have 1 reasonable-sized crab instead of 2 or none at all if the crabs supplied for that evening are so small as we can focus solely on just crabs at other places - or maybe order by weight instead - the lobsters and Jumbo Prawns next time round ?