We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which stall in Jimbaran seafood is the best?

Singapore
Level Contributor
328 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Which stall in Jimbaran seafood is the best?

There's too many to choose from but which is the best. Travelling with a driver and was once brought to an extremely expensive place. Now trust the drivers no more... Can recommend the best seafood stall at the Jimbaran Bay? Thanks...

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which stall in Jimbaran seafood is the best?

There are many seafood restaurants in Jimbaran in the 3 main area on the beach.

It is commonly accepted that the restaurants closest to the airport are the most expensive.

The ones closest to the Intercontinental are nice and have choice and good parking.

The middle stretch has a quietness I love and my favorite there is Lia Cafe.

I'd say it is a personal choice as others will undoubtedly have other suggetions.

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which stall in Jimbaran seafood is the best?

Ditto. There is little to distinguish the different stalls. The food is equally fresh and the view the same. I do like the stretch near the Intercontinental as we are partial to the guy who sells grilled corn at the waters edge.

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which stall in Jimbaran seafood is the best?

Does anyone know of a good website/map that shows all Jimbaran Bay seafood stalls?

Thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which stall in Jimbaran seafood is the best?

Bonsoir Villefranche, ca va ??

I'm not aware of any map that would cover all the Jimbaran eateries...

As usual Google Earth is good to spot where the 3 groups are.

I've found this one, a bit old but made by Nick from Bali Blog back in the day.

baliblog.com/travel-tips/maps-of-bali/map-of…

My Favorite Lia is there so it's good enough ;)

Edited: 5:32 pm, December 07, 2009
Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,884 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which stall in Jimbaran seafood is the best?

I am also told that Lia's is the best.

to get there....

If the driver does not know?? ask him to drop you at the Keraton Hotel. Walk thru to the beach and turn right. It is in this group of restaurants.

Also recommended is Nyomans and Menega

This is whats in my notes for Menega

Menega- close to four seasons

Restaurants there, won't give any commission to the drivers, that's why most drivers won't go there. This restaurant runs by local and with a japanese wife. The service is great, the table is very good, the only restaurant will give dinner plate in that area. Prices just similar to next restaurants in that area, very busy, because the foreign workers always eat there.

and

finally settled on Menega Cafe down near the Four Seasons Hotel. Great service and a realistic price. Asked for a good position, and they carried a table right down to the waters edge, past all the other diners!! LOL. Uninterrupted view of the sunset.

Well worth a visit. (Pick your own lobster...not by weight.)

Nyomans is almost next door.

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which stall in Jimbaran seafood is the best?

Thanks for the tips/notes you share here, definitely going to try Lia café and Menega that you suggested !

Ochervet, je vais bien, merci. The link/map is quite informative and easy to read.

7. Re: Which stall in Jimbaran seafood is the best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 07, 2010