We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bali

Hello,

I will be in Bali for a week the beginning of November. We have rented a vilal with Bail Home & Villa Management. The name of the villa is Villa Exotic Jimbaran. Has anyone stayed there ? I woudl love a review. Can avyone give me some advise on what to see and do in and around Jimbaran. We will be playing golf at the Bali Golf & Country Club and hope to scuba dive. Good restaurants would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Montreal (Quebec), Canada

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Jimbaran
Jimbaran
Bali, Indonesia
Bali
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali

Dear Chefworks,

Well, possible the Villa Exotic is actually belongs to the Exotic Villa Management, because Bali Homes Management doesn't have a villa named Exotic anywhere in Bali. That's I know for sure.

You only can enjoy the beach and the fresh seafood grill restaurants in Jimbaran. My favourite is Kalang Anyar near Four Season.

Shopping is in Kuta, diving is in the East Coast, Nusa Lembongan Island and the North Coast.

You could read the review about restaurants in this forum, search for Bali restaurants. Which kind of food do you prefer?

Indonesian is Ketupat and I prefer Ketupat II as it's more spacious, more romantic and quieter.

Japanese is Take and Ajisai.

Italian is La Lucciola.

Greek is Pantarei.

Brazilian is Rio Bar&Grill.

Mexican is Poco Loco.

They are all in Seminyak area, except Take and Ajisai is in Kuta.

Different area has their own restaurants.

Hope this helps,

Sandra

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Jimbaran
Jimbaran
Bali, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Nusa Lembongan
Nusa Lembongan
Bali, Indonesia
La Lucciola
La Lucciola
6,976 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Pantarei
Pantarei
401 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali

For restaurants go to the Kuta page and click on Kuta Overview on the left. There is a comprehensive list there.

Do the same on the Seminyak forum.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
just outside NYC
Level Contributor
315 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali

Jimbaran (besides the local fish places) doesn't have much in the way of nightlife or food. Seminyak (north by cab) is going to have the best international level cooking in the area, with the exception of some of the hotels. I wouldn't write off the 4 Seasons just because it's a resort -- the ex chef is from Germany, and the food features a great deal of local ingredients used in imaginative ways (my hsb is a chef).

If you get to Ubud, Mosaic is very high end and there are others recommended here whose names are escaping me.

Make sure you try the babi guling, the fruit is going to knock you out (snake fruit is really interesting), and there's a deep fried banana breakfast snack that sticks in my mind.

Have a great time !

Mentioned in this post
Jimbaran
Jimbaran
Bali, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for replying yesterday. I have a couple of more questions, if you pelase.

We all love fish and prefer it to meat anytime. What are your favorite fish restaurants, both expensive and not, that are near or in Jimbaran. We can also take a taxi or rent a car if needed.

I looked at my Bali villa contract and this is what is indicated.

Bali Home & Villa Management

J1 Puri Gading Block C3 No 7 Jimbaran Bali

www.balihomevilla.com

Mr. Ketut Seriasa

Thank you,

Steven

Mentioned in this post
Jimbaran
Jimbaran
Bali, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Nelayan Restaurant & Puri Bar
Nelayan Restaurant...
237 Reviews
Jimbaran, Indonesia
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali

Hi Chef works,

As you are chef I would recommend the following restuarants... (for the gourmet factor! ) Please note that most the restaurants in the Jimbaran area are quite pricey unless you eat from the fish stalls on the beach - I would recommend taking a taxi to Seminyak to try a few of the restaurants around that area some times and also Ubud is a must do!

In Jimbaran / Benoa / Ulwatu Area

Dava restaurant at the Ritz Carlton - 702 222

Amazing views of the Indian ocean - try and get there for sunset - (expensive) eclectic fusion

Dimare restaurant at the Karma resort - Modern Mediterranean cuisine. 708 848 (Mid - expensive)

The restuarant at the 4 seasons as Jenskar recommended - I haven't been here my self : ( (expensive)

For Genuine Balinese food cooked traditionally I would recommend Bumbu Bali 774 502 (mid)

Bulgvri Ulawatu - Take your credit card - this place costs $$$! modern Italian food - the meal I had there was excellent but I wasn't paying lol! - good way to see the property! I don't have the ph # sorry... (v expensive)

Seminyak / Kerobokan area (approx 30 mins by taxi)

Warisan

Modern French/ Med cuisine - one of the first restaurants of this caliber and still regarded as one of the best.. 731 175 (mid)

Breeze at the Samaya - Beach front dining - innovative western/ Indonesian cuisine 731 149 (Mid - expensive)

Kudeta - A bit of a beach front institution - very popular for sunset cocktails the set breakfast here is fantastic! (lunch mid - dinner expensive)

La luciola

Another popular seaside spot in a 2 story Bale looking out to the ocean - I would recommend lunch over dinner here... bunch is available on the week ends 730 838 (mid)

Ubud - it's a bit of a drive to the hills but houses some of our best restaurants...

Moziac - an institution here - as a chef it is definitely worth trying - bookings are essential - highly recommend the chefs surprise tasting menu 975 768 (8 course set menu approx $45 USD ++)

Arys Warung - Contemporary Asian cuisine and tasting menus - 975 053

Lemak - funky restuarant decor and creatively presented food - not too serious! good wine list and cigar selection 974 668

Terrazo - Colonial modern decor - excellent food - 978 941

Warung Enak - kind of crazy cafe / restaurant serving modern Indonesian dishes with flair - 972 911

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you want some cheap and cheerful options too!

Mentioned in this post
Jimbaran
Jimbaran
Bali, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
The Ritz-Carlton Bali
The Ritz-Carlton Bali
2,256 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Karma Jimbaran
Karma Jimbaran
659 Reviews
Jimbaran, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Kerobokan
Kerobokan
North Kuta, Indonesia
Breeze at The Samaya Seminyak
Breeze at The Samaya...
4,206 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
The Bale
The Bale
704 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Warung Enak
Warung Enak
1,302 Reviews
Amed, Indonesia
6. Re: Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 11, 2009