We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puri Banbu vs Sari Segara

Which Jimbaran hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Japan
8 posts
Save Topic
Puri Banbu vs Sari Segara

These 2 places seem to be the ones that come up when I search the various hotel sites. The Bambu looks nices but one review said it was a walk to the beach and the beach was dirty. Also, we have 3 toddlers with us and the pool doesn't look suitable for them. Anyone have any direct experience at either place? Or other Jimbaran recommendations around the $40-50 mark?

Thanks!

Indonesia
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puri Banbu vs Sari Segara

Hi Akebono,

It is correct Puri Bambu need a 3 minutes walk to the beach than Sari Segara that in front of the beach. Last three months I stayed at Sari Segara and the beach was clean and no rubish on. I found the cafe served seafood in front the hotel and I tasted the food in Cafe Jukung. really nice and deligius. I love it...

Japan
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Puri Banbu vs Sari Segara

Thanks Joenaya

Is there a lot around the Sagara in terms of shops, supermarkets etc?

Bali
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Puri Banbu vs Sari Segara

Dear Akebono,

Sari Segara definetely nicer compare to Puri Bambu as it's more expensive as well, you pay for wht you get :-) Please be aware that you still have to go accross the road to reach the beach.

If you are looking for Shops and supermarket, then Jimbaran isn't the correct place, although the nearest supermarket is a walking distance for you, the street to reach it is very narrow and isn't suitable to walk up and down with the pram and other kids on your side.

If you insist to stay in Jimbaran for your budget, then it's still Sari Segara is the best option.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sandra

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puri Banbu vs Sari Segara

Hi I stayed at Sari Segara and found it OK for the price. But the location is far from every thing. We ended up eating at the restaurants in front of the hotel but found the price is too expensive compared to the other seafood restaurants near the Four Seasons hotel.

So if you don't hire a car, you pratically can not go anywhere (shops, super market or restaurants). The beach is just across the street, it is clean.

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puri Banbu vs Sari Segara

Hi,

The pool at Puri Bambu is definitely not for toddlers. Jimbaran is essentially a residential area and you need transport to get around. You would be better off at Legian or Sanur.

6. Re: Puri Banbu vs Sari Segara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 17, 2009