We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for food in Jimbaran?

New York City, NY
6 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions for food in Jimbaran?

Hello!

Staying at the Ritz for 4 nights to begin our Honeymoon this July 2007.

Can anyone shed light on how much meals are at the Ritz, are they overpriced?

Looking for elegant, reasonably priced restaurants (on the beach?) in the Jimbaran area, any suggestions? We are looking for geat food, beautiful atmosphere...

Thanks in advance!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for food in Jimbaran?

Hi there,

The food at the Ritz is expensive by Bali standards but not by US!

There are several restaurants within the Hotel and their prices vary depending on the style.. I have eaten at Dava (high end - sorry can't remember the prices! I wasn't paying LOL!) and also at the Thai restaurant - Padi (upper mid range) depending on what you order the Thai is about $30 - $50 USD for 2 plus drinks.

For some reason there doesn't seem to be many restaurants in Jimbaran except for the little seafood cafes (which I don't personally recommend - I got terribly sick a few years ago... But there is one some friends always go to - I will find out the name and address as someone else wants it too...) And the Hotel restaurants that tend to be in the higher price bracket

A great restaurant - although not beach side (or budget!) is Di Mare situated on Jl 4 Seasons - 708 848

The Ritz is a bit of a way from the Jimbaran Beach area (I know this well as a good friend was staying there last week and I had to drive there 6 times to pick him up!) so it isn't too much more of a drive to Jalan Laksama area (Eat St ) where there are rows of fantastic cafes to choose from or further along there is the famous Kudeta and La Luciola which have fantastic seaview settings - try getting there for sunset..

Hope this helps

perth
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for food in Jimbaran?

Hi

have a look at Puri Bali Jimbaran, the photos show the dining on the beach. My husband and I ate there once and it was to die for.

It is silver service, not cheap by Bali standards however food, service and location was superb.

hope this little bit helps

wendy

3. Re: Suggestions for food in Jimbaran?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 31, 2009