We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to mara river safari

Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
transportation to mara river safari

hi all

me and my partner are going to spend 4 nights in bali. 1 night at mara river safari lodge and the rest at a ubud hotel.

any advice on how to get to mara river safari lodge from the airport?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation to mara river safari

Anytime anyone asks for transport or day tours I would recommend Sanny from Sanny Bali Tours. He and his drivers are so lovely and they have competitive rates. http://www.sannybalitours.com/ also he has car seats if your travelling with children as I have noticed not many people do

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,629 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation to mara river safari

Easiest would be to get a driver to pick you up from the airport and take you to Mara River Lodge. You could also probably arrange for the same driver to pick you up at Mara River and take you to Ubud.

At a guess the transfer airport to Mara River could be around Rp250,000 give or take.

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation to mara river safari

We have booked a transfer direct with the hotel. They quoted IDR250,000++.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation to mara river safari

Is that one way? We are staying at Mara River for one night tonight and paid a driver 100,000 each way from Legian.

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation to mara river safari

That is one way from the airport. I decided to just book with them direct as its our first night and we haven't been to Bali doe about 15 years. I'd prefer to know someone was there to pick us up, rather than find a driver/taxi as we arrive.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,629 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation to mara river safari

Wow becwalsh, business must be very slow for you to get that price. Hope you gave the driver a tip as he certainly didn't make any money out of it.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation to mara river safari

It was part of a package deal with him with other driving and his brother was already doing a tattoo for my husband. We didn't set the price....thats what they told us.

We also asked a few blue bird taxi drivers how much it would be and they all said 150,000 each way.

Portland, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: transportation to mara river safari

Becwalsh, who did you use i have been quoted 500,000 return

9. Re: transportation to mara river safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 17, 2016