We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit Hotel

Wellington
2 posts
Save Topic
Transit Hotel

Hi

I am transiting through Denpasar enroute to Dili and have a 16 hour overnight and 8 hour daytime layover.

Can someone reccomend a good transit hotel...good bar and restaurant close to the airport but with the ability to do a bit of sight seeing as Ive never been to Bali before..Not too interested in tourist traps.

Many thanks

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit Hotel

The airport is really in Tuban not in Denpasar.

It is only a few minutes from Kuta.

If you don't want Tuban, Kuta or Legian touristy areas, I would stay south of the airport maybe at Jimbaran. A beautiful beach and sunset, but lots of restaurants. It is only about 15mins from the airport. It depends what you want to do in your 8 hours.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit Hotel

hi

i stayed at the Bali Rani Hotel in tuban whilst i was in transit , it is a simple hote but rather nice . nice pool and close to all the shops and bars of kuta ( only a few minutes walk ) it is situated just down from waterboom park.

i would stay there again if i only had a short time as its easy to get to everything.

cheers

batt

Japan
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit Hotel

Dear Batt,

How did you book the hotel at Tuban? Can you do it online?

Saut

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transit Hotel

hi

the bali rani website is expensive , http://www.baliranihotel.com/

try asiarooms.com it's cheaper .

asiarooms.com/indonesia/bali/bali_rani.html

or have a look at the aston inn at tuban , it looks quite nice , and will probably also cheaper through asiarooms .

http://www.astoninntuban.com/

but do try to bargain with the hotel , you never know , they might come down in price .

cheers

batt

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,555 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transit Hotel

Why don't you stay at the Intercontinental - it is close to the airport and has a lovely atmosphere. You could have dinner on the beach at one of the many seafood restaurants close by.

Japan
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transit Hotel

hi batt

thanks for the quick response. did you mean to bargain when arriving there or through email / phone?

cheers,

Saut

7. Re: Transit Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 14, 2009