We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

entering Bali info

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
entering Bali info

Hi,

I Am an american citizen but was born in Israel (it states on my passport) would i have a problem with entering indonesia/ Bali?

please advise,

thanks,

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: entering Bali info

Persons bearing a Passport of the united States of America are entitled to apply for a standard (30 day) VoA .

The Visa-on-Arrival (Index 213) will cost US25.00, payable in cash at a small booth or desk prior to the immigration barrier at Indonesian 'gateway' airports including DPS (Bali).

You will need at least 2 empty standard passport pages, 6 months or more validity left in the passport (on the day of arrival), proof of support (rarely asked for), and either a ticket home or a ticket for onward travel to a nation to which you are qualified to enter.

Indonesian immigration authorities do not consider amendment pages in your passport as blank pages. If your passport is nearly full then obtain extra blank passport pages before you travel.

Edited: 9:41 pm, January 17, 2013
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: entering Bali info

Thank you for your insight but I needed to know If I'll face problems entering if my place of birth is Israel ?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
566 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: entering Bali info

If you have an American Passport , you place of birth has no bearing on your elligability for a visa

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: entering Bali info

Sorry Stava7, but really the answer provided in Post 1 is VERY clear.

Do you have a US Passport?

If you do then just read Post 1.

Therein lies your (complete) answer.

Not really sure why your are trying to write in a sub-plot :)

Edited: 7:39 am, January 18, 2013
australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: entering Bali info

Why would being from Israel be a problem?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,036 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: entering Bali info

Muslim country, Israeli born.... it's a fair question and concern from the OP.

Sorry like the others I do not have an answer beyond, you have a US Passport they should have no reason to stop you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: entering Bali info

thank you all for your input. this is good to know

@hurcules - sorry if i came across as offending or questioning your insight. as always you have provided with a great input to all of my questions,

best,

stava

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: entering Bali info

It's OK Stava, I just wanted to be clear that you were quite OK in an immigration context.

Don't be too sensitive if people ask you what your religion is either, it is common small talk, where are you from...are you married, where are you going, have you eaten yet, how many children do you have, where have you come from, what is your religion, can you eat rice, have you got a cigarette..etc

If you don't want to answer any of them just look confused and start asking them questions...as per the preceding... and in what ever order you wish.

If it makes you feel more comfortable I have known a few Jewish people who have lived in Indonesia for years, one of them for so long that he died here.

But that was more on account of drinking too much beer, not exercising enough and smoking a couple of packets (or more ) of Camel cigarettes every day rather than from being Jewish.

If you decided to sing the Israeli national anthem it probably would not bother anyone much.

But then again they probably wouldn't know what you were singing about anyhow as the Israeli national anthem is not on the local hit parade here so people would be more likely help you out by just pointing you toward the nearest karaoke bar.

9. Re: entering Bali info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 21, 2014