We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival into denpasar Jan 13

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Arrival into denpasar Jan 13

Hello,

I arrive in Denpasar on the 22nd of Jan and I am trying to find accommodation but after searching I cant find much. Just wondering if anyone has any idea where I can get a room for about $10 aud per night?

Any advice would be great.

Thank you

Craig

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,044 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival into denpasar Jan 13

For that price range, if it still exists, you'll have to go to the places when you arrive.

I'm quite sure they do not have websites.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,685 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival into denpasar Jan 13

I would think the majority of backpackers and homestays are more than you are looking to pay. I think you may need to rethink your budget, but try this link and see if you can find something that suits;

http://www.budgetbali.com/index.php

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrival into denpasar Jan 13

Craig, you will be able to find accommodation but I suggest you at least prebook the first 2 nts. Stay at a place for $20 and then spend the next day or 2 walking around Poppies Lane and the small gangs in that area. You do just walk in off the street for these budget places. If you don't want to stay in Kuta, the same thing applies, just have a wander around and you will see signs on posts and in restaurants offering accommodation.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
20,441 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrival into denpasar Jan 13

Unfortunately when you've planned your trip will coincide with the end of the Australian school holidays so it's not going to be easy and your choices won't be plentiful. If it would be possible to change your date by just a week into February, things would be somewhat easier and I think you'd be more likely to find something in your budget.

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrival into denpasar Jan 13

Thanks everyone for your replies, Linda,as you said " If you don't want to stay in Kuta, the same thing applies, just have a wander around and you will see signs on posts and in restaurants offering accommodation." I think I will do what you advised but where do i go if kuta isnt for me as i dont party and i like to read and converse with out the alchohol.

Will keep people in the know.

Once again thanks.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrival into denpasar Jan 13

Hi Craig,

For a quieter side of life, Sanur, or legian for the first night, then do a wander about.

Tuban, which is the closest accommodation area to the airport, is a starting point. Adjacent to Tuban is Kuta.

7. Re: Arrival into denpasar Jan 13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, December 14, 2013