We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanur village Festival

PERTH, WA
8 posts
Save Topic
Sanur village Festival

;

FYI the Sanur Village Festival will be held on July 20th-------July 25th 2010

Hope to see you there!

Pearl Beach...
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanur village Festival

Thanks for that ERICOPERTH. I went last year and it was pretty good. The procession down Jl Mertasari to start the Festival off was fantastic. Lots of good food and entertainment., also stalls with clothes etc. The only downside is the sound of people talking on the microphone. Not a good combination; a Balinese and a microphone!! I wonder if the Sanur Festival will be held in the same spot this year ie., just down he road from Sanur Beach Villas;

PERTH, WA
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanur village Festival

Hello Jobali,

I believe it is the same place this year!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanur village Festival

Oh that will make Ron's day/week the noise last year sent him crazy. We got there the day after it finished last year and he was not a happy little vegemite, at all. He thinks the concept is great but the music and voices over the microphone got to him. And the security guards at the boom gate not letting him drive his car into his own street was a bit much as well.

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanur village Festival

The concept of the Sanur Village Festival is great. However no one seems to know what they are trying to achieve by holding it.

If the object is to make as much noise as possible and throw rubbish everywhere, they have got it spot on.

However if the object is to attract people to Sanur they are missing the mark by a long way.

As mentioned by jobali, the opening procession is spectacular and that alone could be a tourist attraction.

The kites are wonderful, in fact some of them are very clever. Again this could be a tourist attraction and draw people to Sanur.

However the only advertising you will see to promote the event are flags around various streets in Sanur. There is no information on any of these flags.

Nothing is mentioned about the event in places such as Kuta or Legian.

Last year I gave a certain amount of input to the organisers and will do so again this year.

Jobali is correct with the statement "A Balinese and a microphone are not a good combination."

It has the makings of a great festival but the sheer noise drives people away.

Edited: 9:25 pm, April 10, 2010
George Town...
Level Contributor
435 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanur village Festival

Please tell me more about the Sanur Festival. What time should I aim to arrive tyo see the parade and where is the best place?

6. Re: Sanur village Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 08, 2010