We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Me, my wife, and two teenage daughters.

Cambridge
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Me, my wife, and two teenage daughters.

We are considering staying in Bali at the end of August. Our daughters aged 19 and 17 want to come along with us. They will want some life either in the immediate area, or hotel resort. We want somewhere safe for them to have a bit of freedom, but not somewhere completely sterile. We haven't been before and so are a bit clueless. Can anyone recommend a hotel, resort, or area? Thanks

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Me, my wife, and two teenage daughters.

hi

legian or seminyak is the places with life , as you put it , and relativley safe ......as safe can be .

there are many hotels and resorts in this area . depending on your taste and budget , its a bit hard to recommend anything at the moment.

cheers

batt

Cambridge
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Me, my wife, and two teenage daughters.

Batt,

Thanks for your reply.

We spotted Seminyak as a possible location, and found a villa in a group known as Sekar Taman II, the particular villa is Aman Putri. The location sounds good, and you can walk straight to the beach via an adjacent lane.

These sound great, but I was a bit concern that we might be very self contained, which frankly suits my wife and I but we wondered if this would work for our daughters. I guess if they can get straight to the beach and there's a chance of them meeting younger people there that might work.

The alternative I suppose is to look at a hotel type complex where they might meet similar people on site. I have seen the "Hard Rock Hotel", which I'm sure would be right up their street, but possibly not mine.

As far as budget goes we were looking at about 2000 USD per week at Aman Putri. Our stay in Bali would be for about 14 days.

Thanks for your help.

Steve.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Me, my wife, and two teenage daughters.

hard rock is definatly for the younger ones ...lol

a villa , yes i thin you could be restricted .

what about in the middle with lots of thinks around .

the padma hotel is supposed to be very nice .

or there are plenty more in that area

cheers

batt

Cambridge
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Me, my wife, and two teenage daughters.

Batt,

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

Just had a quick look at the Padma Hotel and yes it looks nice.

Someone in a review has said that they couldn't swim in the sea there.

Is this likely to be correct?

Thanks again,

Steve.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Me, my wife, and two teenage daughters.

im not sure , your best bet is to ask marala , she lives in bali , she would know the beaches better than me .

im really not a beach person , i live on the beach , but would much rather swim in a pool where i can see whats under my feet ! ...lol

cheers

batt

Cambridge
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Me, my wife, and two teenage daughters.

Batt,

Thanks again for your help,

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Steve.

ps. absolutely pouring with rain here, and a cool 60 degrees.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Me, my wife, and two teenage daughters.

lol

freezing here matey !

getting down as low as 1degree here at night lately , and about 15 during the day ....cold sill but not that bad i guess

lol

i really should take my annual holidays for july /august , instead of march ! lol

cheers

batt

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Me, my wife, and two teenage daughters.

lol

freezing here matey !

getting down as low as 1degree here at night lately , and about 15 during the day ....cold sill but not that bad i guess

lol

i really should take my annual holidays for july /august , instead of march ! lol

cheers

batt

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Me, my wife, and two teenage daughters.

oops sorry , it didnt come up as sent , sorry about that

10. Re: Me, my wife, and two teenage daughters.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Denpasar
Recent Conversations