We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bakkhali

pune
2 posts
Save Topic
bakkhali

ok fine mr.nandi.....thanks for the inputs....but there is something more that i would like to know......what is the total duration of the journey?is it 5+4=9 hrs...or approximately 5 hours....?

apart from wbstc buses that ply to bakkhali....are there any more buses which can take me to bakkhali....i mean to say...if i reach dharmotola by 12 noon...then what is the means of transport apart from sumo?are there any more buses available during that time...?

please reply as soon as possible.....

cheers

Rahul

Calcutta
Level Contributor
284 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bakkhali

Duration of Journey = 5 hrs approx

If you reach Dharmatala at 12:00 - the best option is to go the next day!

If you are really upto some adventure then you can take a bus to Namkhana (4hrs) and then at Namkhana take the Namkhana-Bakkhali Bus.

For the Dharmatala - Namkhana leg there are private as well as CSTC buses - I am not sure of the timings. As for the Namkhana-Bakkhali there is a bus every 30min in the morning. I am not sure of the timings in the evening. It gets dark in Kolkata by 5-5:30pm. Assuming you reach Namkhana around 5pm it would be dusk if not dark.

Advice: if you want to travel by bus - travel the next day.

If you really want to start at 12noon - hire a car.

You need not hire a sumo - you can travel in any car including a humble Maruti 800 or Omni.

2. Re: bakkhali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, August 24, 2009