We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

delhi dehradun mussourie route query

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
delhi dehradun mussourie route query

Hello,

Is there any problem with the following route as many people in the previous forums have suggested otherwise.

Delhi>meerut>muzaffarnagar>saharanpur>deoband>dehradun>mussourie

I will be starting at 6am from Delhi on 26th Dec.

Pls help

Many thanks

Dr. Bag hi

SOHAM Heritage & Art Centre
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Camel's Back Road
Hiking Trails, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Lal Tibba
Points of Interest & Landmarks
New Delhi
Level Contributor
410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: delhi dehradun mussourie route query

No there is no problem in that route. But more popular is via Roorkee-Haridwar. Since it is more of a plain route and probably better road.

Mentioned in this post
Haridwar
Haridwar
Haridwar District, India
New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: delhi dehradun mussourie route query

Thank you Mam for the info. I have one more question, isn't the roorkee haridwar route to dehradun longer, distance wise? What is the travel time and distance in km via this route?

Thanks

Dr. Bagchi.

New Delhi
Level Contributor
410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: delhi dehradun mussourie route query

The difference is of just 20-30 k.m. but people find haridwar route more convenient for driving. Even most of the buses ply to this route.

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: delhi dehradun mussourie route query

Thank you. I'll take this route as I've also heard this route is comparatively safer as well.

Thanks again.

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: delhi dehradun mussourie route query

Hi Sumant,

I am also leaving for mussoorie on 29th morning from Delhi. It will help if you can share your experience about route and road condition. Was there too much fog on the way and how safe is the route? I am planning to drive down with my wife.

Thanks

Rony

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: delhi dehradun mussourie route query

Hello Ronny,

Im sure you've reached or returned from mussoorie by now. I took the haridwar route which is good till khatoli but afterwards quite bumpy. The roads are under renovation and construction so probably they'll be smoother in a year or two. Hope you've enjoyed your trip and got a glimpse of snowfall there which we were expecting but couldn't. Anyways have a happy new year and good luck.

Cheers

Sumanto.

New Delhi
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: delhi dehradun mussourie route query

Hi,

how good is Panipat-Shamli-saharanpur-dehradun route by car?

m planning to go mussourie in march.

Please reply as i am driving first time on this route.

8. Re: delhi dehradun mussourie route query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 02, 2014