We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Weekend in an Indian City

3 posts
Save Topic
A Weekend in an Indian City

My mother and I are traveling to India this coming April, because she has to go for business. We are landing in Delhi on a Friday and hoping to fly out that day to a different Indian city before coming back to Delhi on Sunday night, as my mother has meetings on Monday and Tuesday. We're trying to decide between Jaipur, Jodhpur, and Varanasi. If you have any helpful information on any of these cities please comment that too!! Thanks

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Weekend in an Indian City

Hi Charlie M,

You can proceed to Jaipur tour. Jaipur is called pink city and filled with historical forts and palaces. In jaipur you may also indulge in shopping and buy beautiful handy crafts.

Here are some popular attractions of Jaipur.

Amber Fort

Shessh Mahal

Anokhi Museum of Hand Printing

Jantar Mantar

Hawa Mahal - Palace of Wind

Jaigarh Fort

Nahargarh Fort

Monkey Temple

Jal Mahal

Hope this is informative....

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A Weekend in an Indian City

Dear above post why? Why you not included city palace and observatory?

Thx

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
8,435 posts
592 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Weekend in an Indian City

hi charlie

amonf jaipur/jodhpur/varanasi....i will suggest you to see jaipur...

famous places are already suggested

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A Weekend in an Indian City

Dear Guest,

i will advise you skip Jodhpur and add Khajuraho, Agra,

Delhi - Jaipur - Agra - Khajuraho - Varanasi and back to Delhi by flight...........

delhiguide

agra
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Weekend in an Indian City

Taj mahal in agra is must do , only 3 hour away from Delhi

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Weekend in an Indian City

3 very different places so i'd never recommend one over the others. Varanasi was my fave because it is so incredibly different from my city of Toronto. But others may be put off by the sites and smalls.

Jaipur is the more touristed one because there are much more sites to see there - but it is the more polluted, industrial of the bunch. It depends on what you want to see.

https:/…

https:/…

Above are 2 photo albums - one for Varanasi and one for the other two. Hopefully they will help.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,873 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A Weekend in an Indian City

My recommendation would be Varanasi.

CarLink

8. Re: A Weekend in an Indian City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:09 am, October 14, 2014
9. Re: A Weekend in an Indian City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:09 am, October 14, 2014
Varanasi, India
Level Contributor
233 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A Weekend in an Indian City

Delhi- Varanasi - Khajuraho- Agra- Jaipur- Delhi would be the best option.

Thanks,