We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kumbh Mela !!

Level Contributor
22 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Kumbh Mela !!

Hi .

Am visiting Maha Kumbh in early Feb 2013.

Any advice is appreciated !

Never been to a Kumbh before . Thanks !!

Nagpur, India
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kumbh Mela !!

Please specify what information you want on kumbh mela I am also visiting it

Jaipur City...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kumbh Mela !!

Visit to www.kumbh-mela.co.in for general details and if you required specific information then email us.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kumbh Mela !!

for details about Kumbh mela you may visit http://thekumbhmela.com or mail me at roshan@ulltimate.in

Level Contributor
22 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kumbh Mela !!

Thanks !

We are planning our graet dip on 10th Feb.

Any suggestions for taking it safely is much appreciated !!

Mumbai
Level Contributor
12 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kumbh Mela !!

I hear rumors that the Roads will be closed to traffic from 14th Feb. Is that correct? If yes how does one travel from the railway Station to the mela grounds. I intend to do the snan on 15th feb.

Regards

RoS

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kumbh Mela !!

As you know that a huge rush will be there in kumbh, you have to walk a lot to reach sangam because no public or private vehicles will be allowed there. Also the winter will be at its best so keep your warm cloths ready.

Roads will not be closed but will be very crowdy. So it is possible that the police will divert the route which will take you to the other side (Jhunsi) of the city.

I can suggest you one easy way to reach sangam. From railway station drive to Saraswati ghat. From there you can hire a motor boat to reach sangam direclty. Last time in kumbh, all the vehicles were stopped by the police at saraswati ghat only.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
12 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kumbh Mela !!

Thanks,Anubhavchitrey .

I will take your suggestion. I am reaching early around 3.30 am so I am hoping to find the streets empty.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
12 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kumbh Mela !!

10th is a very big day. All the travel agents and organizers i have spoken too have asked me to rethink my travel plans and hence I am travelling after the 10th. A reliable source from UP tourism said that the Expected people visiting on the 10th is 7.5 crore and the first preference for 10th snan are the naga sadhus and other sadhus. Also asked me to pick up travel insurance. I suggest you do the same.

Nagpur, India
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kumbh Mela !!

Yes the information from "Rulerofsun" about the number of travelers on 10th Feb 2013 is right. May be the visitors on this date may cross 8 Crores too.

So, the person travelling for the first time for Kumbh, should not go before this date. They should go for 15th Feb bath (Basant Panchami Snan) & 17th Feb (Rath Saptami Snan).

And the accommodation problem is quite big. Almost all the hotels has been booked. But, tent accommodation is still available, i had got this website offering packages for various bathing dates for Kumbh Mela.

Check this out :

bookahotel.in/special/maha-kumbh-mela-2013.h…

Hope this will help you

Guwahati, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kumbh Mela !!

Hi,

I am reaching Allahabad on 09.02.2013 for participating in the Holy bath of 10.02.2013. I tried different accommodation options, viz hotels, ashrams, etc but its not affordable at all for these days. Ranges from Rs. 7000 to 25000. If there are many people say 5 - 10 , taking a tent is advisable. But we are only two. If people coming for the dates who are not yet got any accommodation can join together and book a swiss cottage or so. I think thats the only option.