We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varanasi hotel question

Which Varanasi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
127 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Varanasi hotel question

Hi,

I am going to be in Varanasi in October. The tour company that I hired to make hotel bookings and provide me transport has put me in the Meraden Grand. I didn't realize how far away from the Ganges it was.

Do you think it is worth it to shell out an additional INR12000 to stay closer to the Ganges? They are telling me they can put me in the Rashmi Guest House (can't get a refund on the Meraden Grand at this point they say). This is my first time in India and Varanasi. Varanasi will be the first major city other than New Delhi that I visit. I will also be traveling alone and will only be in Varanasi for 2 nights.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks!

Nathalie

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Varanasi hotel question

yes yes yes yes!

Varanasi is a once in a lifetime experience. Stay as close to the Ganges and the ghats as you can, you won't regret it, I promise you!

Jo

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
127 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Varanasi hotel question

Thanks for the comment Jo. Do you recommend any mid-range hotels?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Varanasi hotel question

i am sorry nath, we splurged and stayed a a 5 star right on the Ganges for the 2 nights we were there last month, so i don't have any mid range recommendations for you, but I am sure the TA community will be of great help!

jo

4. Re: Varanasi hotel question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, December 14, 2013