We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English speaking driver recommendations

Which Varanasi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg, South...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
English speaking driver recommendations

Can anyone make a recommendation (had a good experience?) - we are looking for a driver with a car that's not going to break down and that can speak enough English to have at least a basic conversation about where we would like to go and what we would like to see.

We are leaving Varanasi on 23 December and want to visit major Buddhist sites and temples: Kushinagar (overnight stay), Patna (en route Vaishali) - overnight stay and arriving in Bodhgaya (en route Nalanda & Rajgir) on 25 December. We will then be taking an overnight train to Kolkata on 27 Dec.

What can we expect to pay as 2 adults - bearing in mind that we are not returning to Varanasi with the driver? Any tips would be much appreciated

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
913 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English speaking driver recommendations

Dear Keen...,

What here I would like to suggest you to take local cars for Varanasi and catch overnight train for Bodhgaya that will be more comfortable and economy way.

After reaching Gaya move for Bodhgaya i.e very closed by 15kms you can take auto or taxi and check in hotel. From Bodhgaya you hir a local taxi with help of hotel /triadvisor exe. and travel to Bodhgaya,Rajgir,Nalanda ,Patna and vaishali.

Here I would like to suggest you that you can take train from Patna also no need to return to Gaya if you have done your trip for Bodhgaya.

On the way I would like to recommend stay at Rajgir very close to Nalanda 14kms and see Rajagir and Nalanda and then move forward for Vaishali via Patna.

If you done your trip catch train from Patna to Kolkata..save time and money as well.

have good trip

Varanasi
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: English speaking driver recommendations

Hi,

If you want to see real INDIA you should travel by cars. Varanasi to Kushinagar 235 kms, Kushinagar to Patna 245 kms en route Vaishali, Patna to Bodhgaya 190 kms en route Nalanda & Rajgir, Bodhgaya to Gaya 13 kms to board the train for Kolkata.

You will get experienced & entertaining drivers, with good knowledge of roads & english.

For further queries please stay in touch........

3. Re: English speaking driver recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 17, 2013