We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need to hire a car/driver for 2 nights Varanasi?

chicago
Level Contributor
189 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need to hire a car/driver for 2 nights Varanasi?

I will have a driver/car for most of my trip in India, but I was wondering if I would need to hire a driver/car for my 2 night stay in Varanasi? I am staying at the Palace on the River so I think a lot of the sights are nearby and it appears that the hotel can hire a car is it is needed.

Mentioned in this post
Varanasi
Varanasi
Varanasi District, India
New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need to hire a car/driver for 2 nights Varanasi?

For visiting ghats, car is not needed.....

If you need it for Sarnath, BHU visit then your hotel can certainly arrange one...

Mentioned in this post
Sarnath
Sarnath
2,387 Reviews
Varanasi, India
Varanasi
Level Contributor
607 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need to hire a car/driver for 2 nights Varanasi?

Hi tennischickChicago

As K _Yogi says ,you don't need a car/ driver for ghats and alleyways,but if you are visiting other sights like Ramnagar Fort,Sarnath,B.H.U. or Bharat Mata Mandir,you would need a car/driver,but as you say that you are going to stay in Rashmi Guest House(A Palace on River) they will arrange a guide and a car for you I guess.

Mentioned in this post
Ramnagar Fort
Ramnagar Fort
265 Reviews
Varanasi, India
Sarnath
Sarnath
2,387 Reviews
Varanasi, India
3. Re: Do I need to hire a car/driver for 2 nights Varanasi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, April 15, 2010