We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any budget hotels situated on the Varanashi Ghats??

Which Varanasi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
India
1 post
Save Topic
Any budget hotels situated on the Varanashi Ghats??

Hi,

I am planning my first trip to Varanasi this Diwali with my husband and my parents along with my 10-year-old son. Can anyone suggest me a good hotel havings rooms with a beautiful view of the river ghats. This trip is going to be a three-day stay. So it would be kind enough if anyone can give me complete addresses with contact phone numbers of the budget hotels. My budget is upto 400 INR per double bedroom per night. I have found that Hotel River View on the Brahma Ghat is a gud one on http://wikitravel.org/en/Varanasi, but I did not find have any phone number or email id posted in it as I want to book in advance. I look forward for your sincere replies.

Varanasi
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any budget hotels situated on the Varanashi Ghats??

If you are planning a trip to Varanasi, the world's oldest living city and a virtual treasure trove of exploration, beware to choose a good place to stay as some places in old part of city is dirty with narrow lanes and by lanes. There are four kind of accomodation available at Varanasi, the details and theur ratings are as follows:

1. Star Hotels:

1.1 The Taj Ganges (Rated: 1st)

1.2 The Ramada Plaza JHV (Rated:2nd)

1.3 The Radisson (Rated: 3rd)

1.4 The Clarks (Rated: 4th)

1.5 The Meraden Grand (Rated: 5th)

1.6 Hotel India (Rated: 6th)

1.7 Hotel Diamond (Rated: 7th)

1.8 Hotel Vaibhav (Rated: 8th)

Among star category other options are Hotel Hindustan International (4 Star), Hotel Pallavi International (3 Star), Hotel Best Western Kashika (3 Star), Hotel Surya (3 Star) and Hotel Siddhartha (3 Star).

2. Budget Hotels:

Among budget hotels some good options are:

2.1 Hotel Gautam (Good)

2.2 Hotel Buddha (Good)

2.3 Hotel Pradeep (Good)

2.4 Hotel Ganges View (at Assi Ghat waterfront and very popular with foreigners)

2.5 Hotel Temple on Ganges (at Assi Ghat waterfront and very popular with foreigners)

2.6 Hotel Lara India

2.7 Hotel Ashok (at Sigra)

2.8 Hotel Sarin Inn (Good)

2.9 Hotel Padmini International

2.10 Hotel Ajay

2.11 Hotel Natraj

2.12 Hotel Haifa

3. Guest Houses at Water Front:

(Advisable to stay only if you are planning to stay long and are already in Varanasi, staying in some Hotel and have visited the Guest House and seen and evaluated the conditions there in). Some guest houses like Scindia Guest House and Ganges view Guest Houses are popular.

4. Dharmasalas:

Contrary to popular belief there are some good neat and clean dharmasalas. Marwari dharmasala at Godowlia and Dharmasala at Assi are clean and popular among both domestic and foreign tourists. Some dharmasalas do not allow unmarried males, single male travellers and some time even foreigners if it is a religious dharmasala.

For most comprehensive details related to Varanasi tour you can log on to www.visit.varanasi.googlepages.com or for more information mail me at varanasi.petition@gmail.com

2. Re: Any budget hotels situated on the Varanashi Ghats??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, September 05, 2009