We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra to Jaipur--Recommendations for a Car-Service?

US
6 posts
Save Topic
Agra to Jaipur--Recommendations for a Car-Service?

I am planning a trip to India for March, and would like to travel one-way from Agra to Jaipur, possibly with a stop at Fatephur Sikri. Anyone have advice on a reliable, reasonably-priced tour company or car-service?

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agra to Jaipur--Recommendations for a Car-Service?

Hiring a Car to travel one way would always be expensive because they would generally charge you for the return. If your requirement is visiting Agra & Fatehpur Sikri you can make it during your stay in Agra itself. Distance from Agra to Fatehphur Sikri is 40 kms. So hiring a Car when you are in Agra itself and making a trip to Fatehpur Sikri would be most economical and then you can travel by Train from Agra to Jaipur which is 5hrs.

Infact the daily Tourism Coach covers Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri and one more place on the same day.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
279 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agra to Jaipur--Recommendations for a Car-Service?

i can highly recommend the driver i used during my stay in delhi -- i believe he does long-distance tours as well. please contact me in case you wish to get this info.

rowephotography@comcast.net

heidi

philly suburbs
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agra to Jaipur--Recommendations for a Car-Service?

Use www.fourwheeldriveindia.com. They have great drivers that know all the clean places to eat, washrooms, etc. We just used them for our trip over Xmas and we were really pleased. Mostly they are highly trained for driving in India, which is a real important detail!

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agra to Jaipur--Recommendations for a Car-Service?

Would also highly recommend 4 Wheel Drive. Probably not the cheapest - we paid $140 for an early morning pick-up at our hotel, day's sightseeing in Agra, a stop at Fatehpur Sikri and arrival in Jaipur at about 8pm. But these guys have an outstanding safety reputation, they're recommended many times on TripAdvisor, and I can guarantee the driver will do what you want and not try to take you to places just so he can get commission.

5. Re: Agra to Jaipur--Recommendations for a Car-Service?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 17, 2009