We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra Fort vs Red Fort Delhi

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Agra Fort vs Red Fort Delhi

It has been suggested to me that these two forts are pretty much identical, but that the Agra Fort is more accessible. If I can only do one, which should it be? Is there a compelling reason to visit both?

Mentioned in this post
Agra Fort
Agra Fort
10,020 Reviews
Agra, India
Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Agra Fort vs Red Fort Delhi

Agra fort is one of the most beautiful fort + palace in the world

1857 was first freedom fight not mutiny

Mentioned in this post
Agra Fort
Agra Fort
10,020 Reviews
Agra, India
Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Agra Fort vs Red Fort Delhi

Thank you all very much! Deepa: I will check out the sound and light show…I presume that is a nighttime activity? Can I also assume that the Taj is closed at night? If so, it sounds like the Agra Fort would make a great evening activity…though perhaps I should also visit in the day time too?

Mentioned in this post
Agra Fort
Agra Fort
10,020 Reviews
Agra, India
Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,491 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Agra Fort vs Red Fort Delhi

Another vote for Agra Fort.....timings of Taj Mahal opening is from ssunrise to sunset.....Taj opens only at night time on the full moon ocassion.

Rashid Agra

Mentioned in this post
Agra Fort
Agra Fort
10,020 Reviews
Agra, India
Taj Mahal
Taj Mahal
26,460 Reviews
Agra, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Agra Fort vs Red Fort Delhi

Light and sound show at Agra fort is not that good . Live theatre at Kalakriti would be great about love story of Taj

Mentioned in this post
Agra Fort
Agra Fort
10,020 Reviews
Agra, India
Agra, India
Level Contributor
587 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Agra Fort vs Red Fort Delhi

Agra Fort is better than Delhi fort

Mentioned in this post
Agra Fort
Agra Fort
10,020 Reviews
Agra, India
Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
5,717 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Agra Fort vs Red Fort Delhi

Interestingly, Red Fort in Delhi also has colonial British structures, which were the barracks of the invading British (now Army offices) and one of them is Museum of Independence.

Red Fort also has an extension, Salimgarh fort, across Yamuna river, which is seldom visited.

Apart from the structure and architecture, the Light and Sound show at Red Fort beautifully narrates the history of Delhi.

17. Re: Agra Fort vs Red Fort Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 20, 2015