We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi - Agra tour

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pune, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Delhi - Agra tour

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Agra from 12th to 15th April with my family.

We will be landing in Delhi at about 11 am on 12th April. Trains to Agra are in the afternoon and I will have to spend 3 hours in Delhi itself. So I am planning to reach Agra by bus.

Can anyone let me know from where can I get a bus to Agra?

Also how can I go to Fatehpur Sikri from Agra?

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi - Agra tour

You can go to Fatehpur sikri from Agra by bus from Idgah Bus stand or you can also arrange a car fro Agra to Sikri for to and fro journey.There are several trains from Delhi to Agra..please check railway site and book the tickets accordingly.

Thanks and Regards

Rashid Agra

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
3,221 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi - Agra tour

There are UP state govt buses to Mathura-Agra from Sarai Kale Khan interstate bus depot in Delhi. Best is to reserve a vehicle in Agra for local sightseeing and visiting Sikandra and Fatehpur Sikri

Agra, India
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi - Agra tour

Don't choose bus . Up gov buses are in bad condition and they take 5 hour to reach agra. You can choose Volvo but they have very limited service

I will recommend you to choose trains and book a taxi in agra for sight seeing.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi - Agra tour

Buses to Agra departs from Sarai Kale khan ISBT. But bus journey yo Agra is not so pleasant.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
8,759 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi - Agra tour

Taking a train to Agra is the best option .. Shatabdi, if possible.

Pune, India
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Delhi - Agra tour

Thank you everyone. Will book train tickets to Agra and not take a chance on the bus journey.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Delhi - Agra tour

I am a single woman planning to travel to India for the first time. The two destinations for this first visit are Agra and Kashmir. I would appreciate an honest response on the following questions:

1) Is it safe to visit these areas now since some say that it is the beginning of an election year and may not be safe?

2) I have done some research on the options of traveling to Agra and the price quotation for hiring a driver is Rs8500 for two days. Is this reasonable? Or a better option is to go with a tour group although I would like to stay in Agra for two nights.

3) As for Kashmir, the price for a tour of Srinaga, Galmurg and Palmaba (wrong spelling) is about Rs 14000 excluding accommodation. Is this reasonable? Also, should I stay overnight in Gulmarg and Palmaba?

I highly appreciate your time and efforts in putting me on the right track on my first trip to India. Thank you and God Bless.

Chaya

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Delhi - Agra tour

I am a single woman planning to travel to India for the first time. The two destinations for this first visit are Agra and Kashmir. I would appreciate an honest response on the following questions:

1) Is it safe to visit these areas now since some say that it is the beginning of an election year and may not be safe?

2) I have done some research on the options of traveling to Agra and the price quotation for hiring a driver is Rs8500 for two days. Is this reasonable? Or a better option is to go with a tour group although I would like to stay in Agra for two nights.

3) As for Kashmir, the price for a tour of Srinaga, Galmurg and Palmaba (wrong spelling) is about Rs 14000 excluding accommodation. Is this reasonable? Also, should I stay overnight in Gulmarg and Palmaba?

I highly appreciate your time and efforts in putting me on the right track on my first trip to India. Thank you and God Bless.

Chaya

Pune, India
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Delhi - Agra tour

Hi Chaya,

Are you planning to travel alone?

I have not been to Kashmir, so cannot comment on the safety issues there. But as a woman, I would discourage you from travelling alone anywhere in India.

Also, the elections are there in April-May. Please plan accordingly.

Pune, India
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Delhi - Agra tour

Hi Chaya,

Are you planning to travel alone?

I have not been to Kashmir, so cannot comment on the safety issues there. But as a woman, I would discourage you from travelling alone anywhere in India.

Also, the elections are there in April-May. Please plan accordingly.