We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra to Jaipur

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Agra to Jaipur

Trying to decide how to get from Agra to Jaipur, whether to go by train, bus or car.

1st point, wondering what the cost of each form of transport would be.

2nd point, if going by car, is it possible to 'share a ride' with a couple of other travellers as there are 2 of us.

Darryl

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Agra to Jaipur

Thank-you everybody for your advice.

It's great to hear from people that have already experienced this part of India and it has been very helpful to me.I will go and see Fatehpur Sikri while I'm in Agra and then take a day train to Jaipur. Regards, Darryl

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Agra to Jaipur

well using train will be cheaper but at the same time hectic too, i prefer to have car and it will hardly cost rs 5000 maximum

Agra, India
Level Contributor
578 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Agra to Jaipur

Train would be a better option rather than taxi

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Agra to Jaipur

I just came back from Jaipur - Agra - Jaipur on a day trip. We went by Shatabdi Express train early in the morning and return at 6 pm by Shatadbi Express as well. Orginally we were booked AC Chair (air conditioned carriage) but because it was full in the evening, we need to book First Class both ways. The seats in First Class are bigger (2 per row as 3 in AC). It also comes with a meal and drinks. It is handy if you do not have time to eat elsewhere. Chairs are nice and comfortable. I don't know the price difference but according to my travel agency, he said it is not much.

It depends on what you want. If you want to visit Fatehpur Sikri, you might have to go back by car. We skip that and decide to go by train because it takes 3 ½ hrs instead of 5 ½ - 6 hours and I also feel it is a safer option. Some roads in India are very nice and new, however, quite a lot of drivers are not very law abiding, it makes the trip less than idea.

Hope you have a great time like us!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Agra to Jaipur

Hi-

Its good to sharing you experience but have missed two important monuments, Fatehpur Sikri (World Heritage monument) and Abhaneri ( Chand Bawari-- step well).

Arun

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Agra to Jaipur

Yes train is a safer option but as my friend suggest that you had missed two monuments which you could have seen if you had traveled by car

Agra, India
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Agra to Jaipur

It our pleasure dear darry and yes you can go as you have written above in post #11

18. Re: Agra to Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 12, 2015