We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra Tour organised by Deepak Sharma

Hull, East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
Agra Tour organised by Deepak Sharma

I know it's a little overdue but I would like to thank Deepak Sharma for organising our memorable tour around Agra in March, and of course, Manu - our wonderful tour guide!!

We travelled from Goa - Delhi using IndiGo airlines, then we stayed the night in Pearl Hotel in Connought Place. We caught the 06:00 Shatabdi Express to Agra Cantt (I would reccomend 1st Class AC, think we paid around £16 return each. Well worth it...we even got fed!!) Manu met us at Agra Cantt station, holding a sign with our names on...I'm surprised he found us, the place was bedlam!!

From here he took us to the Taj Mahal, he was very knowledgable of the area. We then payed a visit to Agra Fort. From here we had some lunch at a traditional Indian resturant (Manu let us choose where we would like to eat). We then visited Baby Taj Mahal, here we had a couple of hours to sit in the gardens to relax. We then visited the Moon Garden where we watched the sun set over the Taj.

The train was at 20:00 and we had some time to kill so we headed to Starbucks for a coffee before our journey back. When we arrived at the station we realised our train was delayed by 45mins. We did not feel safe waiting in the train station for over an hour as the children and teens who were collecting the bottles off the tracks kept coming upto us begging and laughing in our faces (we think they were high on glue or something!!) we kept hold of our possessions very tightly!!

Anyways, we finally got on the train and stayed another night in Connought Place before flying back to Goa.

The whole trip cost us around £200 each. Thomas Cook was charging around £600 each for a similar trip!!

Thanks again Deepak & Manu!! :o)

Perfect Agra Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Elite Solutions
Helicopter Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Nikita Holidays
Cultural Tours, City Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Pacific Classic Tours India
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Day Trips, Historical & Heritage Tours
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agra Tour organised by Deepak Sharma

Thanks and good to know that you enjoyed the tour. Such recommendations motivates to do better.

deepak

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Agra Tour organised by Deepak Sharma

Good job Deepak ji !!!

agra
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agra Tour organised by Deepak Sharma

I know Manu personally. He is my good friend.

He is very knowledgeable guide.

Keep it up Manu Sir.

Delhi
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agra Tour organised by Deepak Sharma

Can I get the contact details of Manu?

I am planning to take two foreign guests from my office on Saturday, November 23rd..

Thanks

Delhi
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agra Tour organised by Deepak Sharma

Can I get the contact details of Manu?

I am planning to take two foreign guests from my office on Saturday, November 23rd..

Thanks

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Agra Tour organised by Deepak Sharma

Private message to DE/Member .

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agra Tour organised by Deepak Sharma

Hi Deepak,

We are going to Agra on 29th Dec 2013 from Delhi.We will leave for Delhi on 30th Dec.Is it better at this time of the uear to take the early morning train to Agra or to take a cab?Also if we take a cab what could be our itinerary?We would like to see the Taj of course,but also Agra Fort,Sikandra (optional),Fatehpur Sikri and Bharatpur (if possible).

If we take the train and come how much will cabs in Agra cost for the day?

Thanks in advance

Neema

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agra Tour organised by Deepak Sharma

Hi Neema,

If you come by train then for the day tour car hire charges will be Rs.1500-2000/- depending upon the car.

Places you have mentioned can not be covered in a day to cover all those places you need to stay overnight.

Trains are often delayed at that time of the year due to heavy fog.

Better to take a cab to for this tour or stay overnight in Agra to complete the ity.

Deepak

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Agra Tour organised by Deepak Sharma

Thanks for sharing your experience here.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Agra Tour organised by Deepak Sharma

End of December all the trains run late due to the fog. Better you hire a cab from Delhi for the whole tour.

Taj, Fort, and some other monuments of Agra you can cover in one day but for Fatehpur Sikri and Bharatpur you will need one more extra day.

Arun