We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2156 Bhopal Express, vs 2002 Bhopal Shatabdi Delhi to Agra

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
270 posts
327 reviews
Save Topic
2156 Bhopal Express, vs 2002 Bhopal Shatabdi Delhi to Agra

I want to travel by fast train from Delhi to Agra in the evening. I know that the morning Shatabdi is very high speed, but are is there a Shatabdi train from Delhi to Agra in the evening (as late as possible)? How comfortable is the 1A class on the 2156 Express? Is it similar to the shatabdi, or a very different experience?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,815 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2156 Bhopal Express, vs 2002 Bhopal Shatabdi Delhi to Agra

hi kiwi-frequenty..

yes, shan-e-bhopal superfast express - 12156-is good for evening travel to agra..takes around 2:35 mins..15 mins extra than shatabdi.

agra
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2156 Bhopal Express, vs 2002 Bhopal Shatabdi Delhi to Agra

Not a big difference.

Distance between Delhi and Agra is not so big to make any big changes in time.

Agra, Uttar...
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2156 Bhopal Express, vs 2002 Bhopal Shatabdi Delhi to Agra

Hi Kiwi-Frequent-Flier,

There isn't much difference in the timings of these two trains (Bhopal Exp. takes 15 minutes more than shatabadi as told by Mr. Lalbahadur) but the real difference is in their seating plans. Shatabadi offers you Chair seating arrangements whereas in Bhopal Exp you get sleepers meaning you can take a very comfortable small nap of 2 hours & a half on your way to Agra.

1AC of any Indian Train offers you a comfortable journey. Hope you will enjoy your visit to Agra.

Regards

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,815 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2156 Bhopal Express, vs 2002 Bhopal Shatabdi Delhi to Agra

Nice description by mr. arif

New Zealand
Level Contributor
270 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2156 Bhopal Express, vs 2002 Bhopal Shatabdi Delhi to Agra

Thank you all for your valuable comments. Brett (Kiwi Frequent Flier)

Agra, India
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2156 Bhopal Express, vs 2002 Bhopal Shatabdi Delhi to Agra

I personally love this train, whenever I have to extend my business hours in Delhi, I only prefer it, It is very nice train and directly halts at Agra. It leaves Nizamuddin Railway Station at 9:00 PM and arrives Agra at 11:35 PM.

As far as 1A class is concerned so it is the best class what indian trains have got.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2156 Bhopal Express, vs 2002 Bhopal Shatabdi Delhi to Agra

Yes, its a good & comfortable train to travel between Delhi - Agra after Shatabdi Express.

Regards,

Arun

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2156 Bhopal Express, vs 2002 Bhopal Shatabdi Delhi to Agra

We are planning a trip to Agra from New Delhi in November. We would like to take an early train to Agra. What would be the best way to travel ans which train? I cannot seem to find a train schedule that far in advance.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 2156 Bhopal Express, vs 2002 Bhopal Shatabdi Delhi to Agra

Hi Zackart,

Shatabdi Express is highly recommended if you wish to start early morning, Shatabdi Express (Train No.12002) leaves New Delhi at 6:00 AM and arrives Agra at 08:15 AM.

Incase you are not spending any night in Agra then you can come back to New Delhi by same train at night leaving Agra around 08:30 PM.

Happy traveling !!!

10. Re: 2156 Bhopal Express, vs 2002 Bhopal Shatabdi Delhi to Agra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 04, 2014