We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra in June End

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Agra in June End

Hello Experts,

Me and husband are planning for a two day trip to Agra next week 23-25 June.

Since monsoons have already arrived, I was hoping that the weather would improve by that time. So wanted to confirm with someone who lives there or has visited already during this time. Coz I am not sure about the how the weather will be, will it be hot/humid/both or does it rain a lot during that time? Also Agra being an old city, how badly do the rains effect the city?

Also another thing that spooked me out was the hotel rates, which were almost half of the rates compared to other months. So I am thinking if its like a really low season visit?

Thanks,

AK

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
53 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agra in June End

Monsoons this year are a bit early so suring your time of visit i would imagine monsoons would be there. Its not really continuous rains, so i would go ahead with the plans. Are you planning ro drive or take the train? Yea, its off season for hotels

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agra in June End

weather is definitely better and i think you will enjoy the visit, and as it is not a season time so you will definitely get hotels for about half price. good luck

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,897 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Agra in June End

Hello,

As far as the season is concerned is very low....not many foreigners but Indians are there.

Agra got some pre monsoon so at the moment the weather is great for the last 2-3 days...drop in Temp is noticed.

Go ahead to book the hotels on line you will get the good rates....check 2-3 hotels of your choice.

Regards

Rashid Agra

agra
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agra in June End

We receive an average rain here.

Weather would be humid and bit hot.

Try to book Radisson or Wyndham hotel.

These are five star property but you can book for very cheap price these days.

Shanu Agra

Agra, India
Level Contributor
578 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Agra in June End

As per weather is definitely better and Temp.should me moderate at that time and as it is not a season time so you will get hotels for about half price.

In Agra you can visit Tajmahal,Redfort,Etmad-daula,Sikandara andFatehpursikri.

Agra, Uttar...
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agra in June End

Hi,

Weather at that time will be Hot & Humid. Since you are coming during rains so it is advisable to carry an umbrella with you. You have asked about the condition of the city so don't worry about that if you would be staying in the area near TajMahal because this whole area is newly developed one & doesn't get affected too much.

As far as rates of the hotels are concerned, this particular period of time comes under off season means you can get some good hotel deals. Try to search online or can take help of some reputed travel agents.

Regards

Arif

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,319 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agra in June End

The rain is unpredictable, some days it rains a lot, some days it is clear, some days there are only short showers. The tourist season in Agra is October to March. From April to September is the off-season.

Edited: 8:19 pm, June 17, 2013
Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,319 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agra in June End

In August people do go to Agra, although the monuments are less crowded than in season. The hotels offer good bargains, especially the more expensive hotels, they offer monsoon packages which are very attractive. Tourists from Europe come in August.

9. Re: Agra in June End

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:28 am, June 18, 2013
Agra, India
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Agra in June End

Hello , as you are planning to come in this month, generly the weather remain very warm in this month , since we have got very nice rain few days ago, so weather has become pleasent, still it's cloudy so , i think the effect of this weather will stay for more days, if weather remains rainy, you can have an umbrella , if it renains here it rains hardly 1 to 2 hours or less then 1 hour , you should choose a hotel near Taj Mahal because area nearby TajMahal is better than other parts of Agra . you are absolutely right the prices of hotel are on half rates....... So come in Agra. Enjoy ur trip.... You are most welcome...... regards Mukesh Kushwah