We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel from Delhi airport to Agra at 11:30 PM?

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
3 posts
Save Topic
Is it safe to travel from Delhi airport to Agra at 11:30 PM?

Our flight arrives to Delhi at 9:45pm 2nd weeks of March. We will have a pre-arranged car waiting for us to take us straight to the Oberoi Hotel in Agra. Is it safe to travel at night from the airport straight to Agra? is the yamuna expressway safe at night? what about traffic at night and fog? How long will the drive be door to door?

Reading all the articles about fog and accident is worrying me so did anyone do the driver recently at night? Which expressway do you recommend? I am noticing all accident were happening after 8am. Please advice from any local.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to travel from Delhi airport to Agra at 11:30 PM?

yes it is safe to be on the road at hour...my suggestion would be on National Highway 2 Driving time will be more or less 5 hours.....the foggy days are gone so visibility is going to be fine.Good Luck to you.

Regards

Rashid Agra

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to travel from Delhi airport to Agra at 11:30 PM?

I thought they said with the new highway it takes 2 to 3 hours?

agra
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe to travel from Delhi airport to Agra at 11:30 PM?

Yes from new highway it take approx 3 hour but from delhi airport to express highway is 1 hour.this is why driver prefer to come by old road from airport to agra.

Roads are safe in night. March is not a fog time.

Clear sunny days.

Hope it help.

Shanu

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,964 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it safe to travel from Delhi airport to Agra at 11:30 PM?

No fog this time of the year. Most of the accidents on new express way were due to rash driving by young men driving private cars.

Prearranged cabs are driven by experienced, safe, professional drivers.

deepak

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it safe to travel from Delhi airport to Agra at 11:30 PM?

Do you guys suggest i tell the driver to take which highway (the old or new) from Delhi airport to Agra?

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,964 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it safe to travel from Delhi airport to Agra at 11:30 PM?

My opinion you can tell him to come via new express way. Old highway is not in good conditions at many places.

deepak

agra
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it safe to travel from Delhi airport to Agra at 11:30 PM?

Drivers r expert. They know the best way .

Don't worry.

Shanu

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
66 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it safe to travel from Delhi airport to Agra at 11:30 PM?

You will DEFINITELY have to taket the Yamuna Expressway, that is far quicker and your only safe option. Any other road will be full of traffic. No matter what ohers have said, traveling at night in India on the highways is not safe. Definitely not as safe as you would be expecting coming form Hong Kong.

No fog at this time of the year and the Expressway is virtually deserted so there driving will be safe. I did the trip at the end of January (lots of fog then), and we met less than ten cars all the way to Agra.

9. Re: Is it safe to travel from Delhi airport to Agra at 11:30 PM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 08, 2014