We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing marble inlaid table from Agra Marble Emporium

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
4 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Purchasing marble inlaid table from Agra Marble Emporium

I would like to warn other travellers who are thinking of purchasing marble inlaid table from Agra Marble Emporium (Address is A Block No.4, Taj Nagri Phase-2, Fatehabad Road, Agra. Website: www.agramarbleemporium.com)

I purchased a marble table from this shop on 2 January 2013.

During the sales pitch, they assured that the table top comes with a wooden base, and I had a choice of a base with or without a bulb.

I decided to purchase a 15 inch x 15 inch table and paid in full. However because the marble was a bit grey, they said they would make a new one for me and it would be delivered within 2-3 weeks, by courier.

When I received the package on 21 January 2013, I was surprised that I only received the marble top without the wooden base. I wrote to Mr Raj Kothari the manager there and he said that the purchase did not include the wooden base and that it was not included in the sales bill. I explained to Mr Raj that during the sales pitch I was assured a wooden base, else where would I place the marble table on?

After my travel agent (who was also present when I purchased it) spoke to him, he agreed to send the wooden base. Initlaly he wanted me to bear the charges for the courier but we argued that it was supposed to come with the initial purchase anyway so I shouldn't have to bear the cost of their mistake. The wooden based took a while and his excuse was that they were making a brand new wooden base and it took time. The base finally arrived on 20 February 2013 but I was disappointed to find that the wooden base sent was old - there was mold on the wooden legs and the screws used were rusty. There was also no light bulb fitting as promised.

My reason for writing this is to warn other potential purchasers from this shop that when you buy something ensure that EVERYTHING you purchase and every single FREE item that comes with your purchase is itemised in the sales transaction because you pay for this item up front in full.

Also you might want to check on the amount of customs duty in your country and maybe ask them to reduce the cost on the sales docket else you might end up paying a high customs duty on the item.

Orlando, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Purchasing marble inlaid table from Agra Marble Emporium

I am considering making a large purchase. how much of at ~48,000 stones inlay marble artwork cost? no expensive stones. but the work is very fine on a equivalent area of 15" table

thanks.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Purchasing marble inlaid table from Agra Marble Emporium

As a traveller you should visit many shops and after final comparison you can choose right shop but take every details of item in paper from shop.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: Purchasing marble inlaid table from Agra Marble Emporium

Hi, we went to the same emporium in December 2013 not knowing what they were like and now it has been 5 months and they have not sent our table stand - can someone please help us as they duped my elderly parents out of £100s of pounds for the marble 12" top and did not bother with the table as they too promised. Numerous phone calls but nothing and i feel because not there is person they have the power to ignore.

Being an Indian i am ashamed of how they rip their own off.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Purchasing marble inlaid table from Agra Marble Emporium

You send invoice no. I will try to help you.

Arun

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Purchasing marble inlaid table from Agra Marble Emporium

I would also suggest people avoid this place as it is a scam. We were taken to the Agra Marble Emporium as part of our tour. When purchasing the goods they told us that due to some special agreement with the Indian Government, no taxes are payable on any of the goods. We specifically asked whether that was simply local taxes or includes goods and services tax back in New Zealand. The salesperson assured us that the Indian Government pays even the NZ taxes. We came back home, got the tax bill and Mr RaJ Kothari convenient forgot the conversation and said it is not part of the bill of sale. You can pick up handicrafts of similar quality and a lot cheaper all over India. Don't fall for the romantic story and the sales pitch. It is a scam.

Valletta, Malta
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Purchasing marble inlaid table from Agra Marble Emporium

I bought a marble table in February 2015 and it arrived complete as agreed.

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Purchasing marble inlaid table from Agra Marble Emporium

There is a company in New York (Clark Anand) that has brought these tables from Agra. They a have great styles and prices lower than the shops in Agra.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Purchasing marble inlaid table from Agra Marble Emporium

You should certainly shop around. We bought an inlaid picture frame from Agra Marble Emporium for Rs15000 only to find the identical item for sale in our hotel for Rs4500.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Purchasing marble inlaid table from Agra Marble Emporium

You should shop around! We bought an inlaid picture frame from Agra Marble Emporium for Rs15000 only to find the identical item for sale in the hotel for Rs4500

Agra, India
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Purchasing marble inlaid table from Agra Marble Emporium

might be misunderstanding took place between you and shopkeeper becouse at the time when he sent you the table not a big deal to sand a stand.its not so expansive.

Thanks

sameer