We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Another itinery question

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Another itinery question

We will be in Goa for 3 weeks in February. The plan is to set 3 days and 2 nights aside to fly to Delhi and then get the train to Agra and see the Taj. I am going around in circles at the moment and I know about the Bhopal Shatabdi exp at 06.10am to Agra Catt station but I was wondering how I could fit an overnight stay in Agra to see the Taj at sunrise would this be possible during this length of stay or would I need to add another day on? I didn't want to do to much travelling as we will be travelling with our little girl. Many thanks in advance to you experts.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Another itinery question

You need to compare your flight times with train times - there are trains Delhi to Agra all through the day so in principle you could get there day one, stay day 2 and travel back to goa day 3.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Another itinery question

Hi John, flight arrives in Delhi at 4.10 pm (not booked yet) so will stay that first night in Delhi.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Another itinery question

That's your call, of course, but you could do a bit of sightseeing and dinner in Delhi before taking a 2100 train into Agra at 2335.

Edited: 4:02 pm, September 28, 2012
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,073 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Another itinery question

Dear Stalex,

Replied to your message.

deepak

agra
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Another itinery question

i wd suggest leave for agra by car from delhi airport...no need to stay overnight in delhi...a new expressway is open so driving to agra is easy and comfortable now...next day u can do sunrise visit...

happy journey

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Another itinery question

Thank you for your suggestions. I will heed Deepak's advice and drive to Agra after landing in Delhi.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! Another itinery question

Stalex - that's exactly what we are doing for our trip easier to drive to Agra when the flight lands and we are also going with Deepak! Enjoy :o)

8. Re: Help! Another itinery question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 14, 2013