We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What can you take into the Taj Mahal?

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
What can you take into the Taj Mahal?

I am visiting the Taj Mahal as part of my Golden Triangle tour in October. I have been reading the reviews and have noticed that there are mentions of certain things being banned from being taken in. Can someone please explain what these are?

One contributor even mentioned that water is banned, is this throughout the whole site, if so are drinking fountains available?

From my previous visit to Southern India, I know that additional charges can be levied for using video cameras, is this still applied given that cameras and phones nowadays all have video functions?

Agra, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: What can you take into the Taj Mahal?

no any dress code .. come and enjoy good time in wonder of the world.... make your dream come true !!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What can you take into the Taj Mahal?

I visited the Taj Mahal last week, a wonderous experience.

I decided not to use the shoe covers and went barefoot, a far better way of exploring the marble of the Taj Mahal. I took a large cotton shoulder bag wth me containing my purse, passport and camera. I left my handbag in the car with my driver.

This was the perfect solution because the bag had sufficient room for the "expensive" bottle of water that came with my foreigner ticket, and both mine and my Indian companions sandals.

I would recommend everyone else to do likewise. You only need to be barefoot when you actually walk on the Taj Mahal itself, not in the surrounding grounds.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What can you take into the Taj Mahal?

It is good to walk bare foot in this weather but never try that in summer months of May and June in day time.

deepak

14. Re: What can you take into the Taj Mahal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, December 17, 2013