We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Just returned home after a stunning trip to Agra. Sadly we were only there for a day but made the most of it mainly due to the excellent services of Deepak Sharma. During a two week holiday in Goa we made a dash for Agra for the weekend of the 4th December.

We called upon him at very short notice, and were lucky enough to secure his assistance for a day. Knowledgeable and humorous, his courteous guidance on a whistle stop tour was great fun.

He collected us promptly at dawn from our hotel and took us to the Taj Mahal, carefully setting the context of the area before we entered. If you have not been before, your first sight of the Taj Mahal is absolutely stunning - and to be honest we appreciated all the more for the detailed descriptions and history which Deepak provided.

He then took us around the sites of Agra, including the Red Fort, Baby Taj, and finally the lonely and atmospheric British Cemetery within the Military Cantonment. We finally had a superb meal in the relaxing surroundings of the Riao Restaraunt before Deepak took us to our train.

Thank you Deepak, you helped make a fabulous day extremely special.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

I recently used Deepak Sharma for a full day tour of Agra, after reading through the many reviews and comments in Tripadvisor and contacting Deepak Sharma. Right from the start his approach through providing a quote and followup was professional. We booked a Toyota Innova for the day through Deepak, with Deepak as our guide

We met Deepak when we got off the morning Shatabdi from Delhi and established a good rapport as we were of similar age.

First stop was Taj Mahal. I recommend this is done first to avoid the crowds and the heat later in the day.

Deepak grew up and still lives very near the Taj and knows all of the history and various geometries used in its construction.

As we went around he also took a few photos for us so we now have some great photos of the Taj with myself and my friend. I would have to say the Taj was even better and bigger than I expected from the many photos I have seen.

After a couple of hours at the Taj, we drove out to Fatehpur Sikri. This is 40 kms out of Agra, so the Toyota Innova was very welcome as it took well over one hour to get there. However, it is worth the trip. Not only did we get a lot of history, Deepak also knew exactly where the shady spots were.

A quick lunch at a tourist restaurant near Fatehpur and we were on our way to Agra Fort. Besides the main features of the fort, the view of the Taj from here is also good.

As evening was approaching, we went over to the other side of the river and from directly opposite the Taj, we sat in a kind of an orchard garden for a while. It was peaceful after a long day and we just sat and enjoyed the view and the chat with Deepak.

Finally, at our request he dropped us at a restaurant that had "chilled" beer and we said our farewells. Deepak's driver then picked us and took us to the station to get the Shatabdi back to Delhi

Deepak is a true gentleman and we enjoyed his company and insights for the day.

I would certainly recommend him for any trips to Agra.

Tunbridge Wells
Level Contributor
24 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

We have recently returned from a holiday in India and I arranged some of the guides through Deepak as he was not available to guide us himself.

I would recommend him if you want a guide for Agra and Jaipur.

The guide he arranged for us in Agra and Fatehpur Sikiri Mr J M Solanki was excellent- his English was very very good.

The guide Mr Deepak arranged for Jaipur was also very good but not as good as Mr Solanki.

If going back to India I would definitely contact Deepak again as he organisational skills were first class

milton on
1 post
Save Reply
33. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

coul you send me your guides phone and address please, as we are going on a trip to india beginning of Febuary 2013.... my e-mail is gurbinder_003@hotmail.com or even call me 289-888-2302. thank you in advance....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

You can find Deepak's contact details by looking at his Tripadvisor Profile.

He responds quite promptly to emails.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

I know his service from Tripadvisor, So i try to email him and ask for the quote of my plan and price. As a budget traveller i can say his price is expensive. So I try another travel agent and other freelance guide. In the end i can say what Deepak quote me is a very reasonable price though its not the cheapest, but I have a piece of mind , from the way we communicate via email all i can say he can be trusted, So we decided to take his service.

He will reply all you email very fast and full of information that you need.

We arrived at Agra and we meet up at the hotel's lobby with warmest smile and i can say he is a very Wise guy. He take care and make sure all his client is safe and in a good hand, and all his driver or guide is very well mannered. All the guides he gave us are licensed and trained guide by ministry of tourism.

Its worth to use his service. Especially in Agra its better you have a local friend or guide beside you rather than you walk alone..because in Agra is more chaos and so many beggars or unlicensed guides will keep asking you in most of the monuments, and alot of people selling you a things, be careful some of them is a group thief, but if you have your guide they will not disturb and will walk away.

One more things why its worth to use a guide...as in India most of the places dont have a standard rules or sign or proper queue, For example way to visit Taj Mahal...from buying ticket,use a shuttle bus,security check in,until walking inside to Taj Mahal all is FULL of people and chaos. Without guide maybe we will finish in one hour finding a way but if you With a guide they will show you which is the best way and teach you how to become like a local...pushh pushhh and push and search for the opportunity and go in faster,so you no need to waste your time in a wrong queue.

Thanks again Deepak!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
58 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

I really enjoyed working with Deepak. He arranged a driver and a very good tour guide Mr Pramod. He was very well versed on the attractions in Agra. I am a history buff and was impressed with the depth of his knowledge. He met us at our coach on the train and waited with us for the train to arrive. Thanks for the wonderful tour.

Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Many thanks Deepak for organising our Delhi-Jaipur-Agra-Delhi tour 3-13 January 2013.

I contacted Deepak by email on 1 January, two days before our flight to Delhi,having suddenly got cold feet about organising everything in country.

I sent a brief outline of what we wanted to see and our hotel bookings and within a day Depak had organised a car, driver and guides in each of the 3 cities with a couple of suggested changes to our itinerary.

Our first visit to India was superb and all the arrangements organised by Deepak ran like clockwork. Our driver Sanjay was reliable and super cool at dealing with the chaotic driving around Delhi and on the road from Delhi to Jaipur. Our guides Jimmi Sharma (in Delhi), Narendra Singh (in Jaipur) and Deepak himself (in Agra) steered us knowledgeably and efficiently

around and answered our many and varied questions on a variety of topics.

We paid £575 for 7 days-all inclusive of car,driver, guides, entrance to all sites and all related travel costs which we thought was excellent value and made our tour hassle-free.

We would not hesitate to recommend the services of Deepak to anyone wanting to organise a tour of this area.

Once again many thanks Deepak for your help and expertise in organising our tour.

Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Forgot to mention that we visited the Taj Mahal on our 25th wedding anniversary and that Deepak turned up at our hotel with a beautiful bouquet of flowers as he knew that this was the reason for our visit. He also acted as our unofficial photographer ensuring that we have many memorable photos of the day!

Many thanks Deepak

Sheffield, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Hi, what is your contact email address? I would like to book a tour! thank you Rebecca

Agra, India
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Its good to share your experience here.