We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Agra

new york
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to get to Agra

I will be in Mumbai and must travel to Agra. Is the closest airport New Delhi? How long will it take by car if I fly into New Delhi?

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Agra

We travelled by a combination of air and train, leaving Mumbai at about 4 p.m. and getting to Agra just after midnight. Our schedule was:

4 p.m. (approx) Air Deccan flight Mumbai - Delhi (cheaper than the train!) Arrive around 5:30.

Autorickshaw to Nizamuddin Station, where there is a fine railway refreshment room for a cheap and clean dinner.

Train at around 9 p.m. to Agra, arriving a few minutes after midnight.

Autorickshaw to our hotel (we chose the Hotel Sheela, as it was only 50 metres from the entrance to the Taj).

Maybe something like that would work for you, too. We found the trains very cheap and reliable, and Air Deccan even cheaper (and only twenty minutes late).

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Agra

Agra has an airport. I am not sure if there are direct flights from Mumbai to Agra (you might have to get a connection in Delhi, which is hardly worth it), but you should check Jet, Indian Airlines, etc.

If you fly into Delhi, Agra is approximately 3-3.5 hours by car or train. Train is cheaper, obviously.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Agra

You could also fly into Agra from Mumbai via New Delhi or some other city depending on the connection provided by the airline. Agra is also very easily accessible by train from New Delhi after a flight from Mumbai to Delhi or else there is even a direct train to Agra from Mumbai (Central Railway) although it is a very long journey.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Aadil.