We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ara visit

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
China
2 posts
Save Topic
ara visit

i will go to agra from delhi on september,

which is the best way and economic.

by buy rent a car or take train.

anyone can help me

besides how many hours does it take.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,509 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ara visit

Please do a search on this forum....your questions have been amswered many times.

Good luck!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ara visit

Hi Kay,

The best train for you would be 2002 Bhopal shatabadi express which leaves Delhi at 0615 Hrs and reaches Agra at 0812 HRS and you can use the same train to go back to Delhi in the Evening 2001 Bhopal Shatatbadi Express which leaves Agra Cantt at 2030 HRS and reaches New Delhi at 2230 HRS.....you will have the whole day in Agra in which you can explore the city....

The ticket for chair car is around Rs. 400 one way and Ist AC is Rs. 700.

You will have to purchase seperate tickets for each way....and the tickets can be bought in advance....

see http://www.seat61.com/India.htm and you will get all the information about trains in India.....

This trains is the most relaible and doesn't get cancelled.....at the worst it can run late on a very foggy day.....that too very seldom....

I personally would suggest taking the Shatabadi express as it reduces your travelling time to the minimum....secondly it is very comfortable....saves you from driveing 9-10 hrs in total (from Delhi to Agra and Back) breakfast is served on board....

In Agra you can book a Taxi which can meet you at the station and take you around Agra and drop you at the Railway Station in the Evening to take the train back to New Delhi....

Agra is a wonderful city....the ancient capitals of the Mughals and greats sights to explore...

1.) The world Famous Taj Mahal

2.) Agra Fort....A beautiful fortress which is one of the biggest and most elaborate in Northern India....

3.) Itmad-ud-Daulah....Famous as the Baby Taj (It is said that the inspiration of the Taj Mahal was taken from this building)

4.) Fatehpur Sikri....the deserted capital of the mughal king Akbar....(About 35 KMS from Agra

5.) Sikandra....Tomb of the mughal king Akbar....

Happy Travelling

Sunil

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ara visit

Sunil is right, I agree with him......

On one thing he doesn't agree with me, but I keep posting it for the information of travelers, it's the availabilitity of Pre Paid Taxies (at Govd. fixed rates) at Agra Cantt. railway station.

China
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ara visit

thank you for your guys information, but i do not know why should i prepaid a taxi, you know sometime if i change my destination, then what to do. it seems that we should find a taxi counter, then what if i on steet or other place, what should i do if i want a taxi.

you know east part of asia, we jsut shake our hand on steet, then a taxi will stop, then we pay by the meter.

is it similar in india. or all taxi should be booked in advance.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ara visit

Nothing of that sort in Agra.... not even in Delhi..

Only Mumbai and Kolkata have that kind of taxi service in India.....

6. Re: ara visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 10, 2010