We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaipur to Agra to Delhi

California
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Topic
Jaipur to Agra to Delhi

We are 3 people traveling Jaipur-Agra-Delhi on November 28th (just to see Taj Mahal for few hours).

I checked trains and they all take about 3-4 hours

Jaipur-Agra 7am-10:50am, and Agra-New Delhi 3:15pm-18:00pm.

We have to catch a flight at 9:40 PM from New Delhi.

What is the fastest and best option to accomplish this? As we are 3 people we can share a cab fare (or csr service), but is it more convenient?

Thanks,

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,473 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jaipur to Agra to Delhi

I think the train from Jaipur to Agra sounds like a good idea.

If you get there by 11 a.m., you'll finish seeing the Taj by 12:30 p.m. or 1:00, then you can have a quick lunch and leave Agra by 1:30 or 2:00 p.m.

I would suggest you hire a car that will pick you up from Agra station, take you sightseeing, and then drive you to Delhi airport. I think it is better to drive straight to the airport, rather than go to the train station in Agra, wait for the train, and then in Delhi make your way again from the train station to the airport. It doesn't save you any time and it is a headache.

If your Delhi flight is an international flight, you have to report by 6:40 p.m.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jaipur to Agra to Delhi

I think you must hire a car with driver from Jaipur and drive to Agra, after visit the Taj Mahal and local sightseeing move to Delhi IGI airport for onward journey… Good luck

California
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jaipur to Agra to Delhi

Hiring a car service seems as a good option. My question is how long does it take by car to get from Agra to Delhi? (We have a domestic flight to Ahmedabad at 9:40pm so i believe if we are there by 8:00pm it should be ok ...or I am wrong?)

How can I reserve a car service in advanse? How much does it cost (just agra to delhi)?

Thanks!!

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jaipur to Agra to Delhi

Delhi to Agra drive hrs will be 4 ½ and cost will be around 105 USD. So I would like suggest to you that you must hire a car from Jaipur then Agra Taj Mahan and then Delhi Airport. Your travel schedule will be 7 am from Jaipur and 11 arrive at Agra and visit the Taj Mahal and other sightseeing for 3 ½ hrs and move for Delhi airport and it will cost you 135 USD from Jaipur – Agra – Delhi.

California
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jaipur to Agra to Delhi

The car trip sounds tempting. But how come the price is 30$ difference and the trip is double if we get the car at Jaipur?

If we decide to do this, when should we make the reservation? (Online or on spot in Jaipur?)

Thanks!

Eli

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jaipur to Agra to Delhi

Hi, Eli, online advance reservation would be much better compare then on-spot booking, price little difference because a car going to long drive not to a double drive, for Eg. Agra – Delhi – Agra is 500 Km and if you add Jaipur then it will be 740 Km only so you are getting 30$ only. Cheers

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jaipur to Agra to Delhi

One of the cars I hired was from Udaipur to Ahmedabad from company called Rajasthan Tours'n'Travels. They do have offices in Jaipur and Delhi. I booked ahead and got very good rate and overall was very pleased with the service. www.RajasthanToursnTravels.com

Our driver was fantastic, when booking, make sure you will ask for English-speaking one.

California
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jaipur to Agra to Delhi

Thank you all for the input and suggestions.

We had a wonderful experience in India, and with the car service choice was excellent. We booked the car with Icon India Tours (http://www.iconindiatours.com)for the full 3 day trip Jaipur-Agra-(Jaipur) Delhi. We had to make extra stop as per my planning mistake on visiting Taj Mahal on Friday (when closed). Fortunately Sabu (the coordinator) had provided input and re-plan that we visit Taj on Thursday.

The driver Raj was excellent, professional we felt safe at all times. He spoke English enough to understand each other, and suggested several places for visiting and food (all great choice).

We got little scared with all the terrorist attacks as we were in Mumbai at that time, but we went back to Mumbai on Dec 2nd and everything was back to normal....with extra security around :)

We definitely plan to contact Sabu and Icon India tours next time we visit India!

9. Re: Jaipur to Agra to Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:46 am, March 05, 2009
Richmond
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Jaipur to Agra to Delhi

I too have traveled couple times within India through iconindiatours.com and am very glad. We are also visiting Goa this december for the New Years. Once again, Sabu, the coordinator, has organized and have taken care of our trip really well. Just can't wait to get there.. only 20 more dayss!!!!!!!!!!