We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clarks Shiraz and the Trident Hilton Agra

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
51 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Clarks Shiraz and the Trident Hilton Agra

Has anyone stayed in these hotels or heard anything about them?

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clarks Shiraz and the Trident Hilton Agra

Stayed in the Clarks Shiraz in January and it was absolutely fine - clean, good service, comfortable, albeit a little bland, but then the mid-range choice in Agra is not great as it doesn't have the heritage hotels you get elsewhere. Clarks was also by far the best deal I found price-wise (I booked through HotelTravel.com)

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Clarks Shiraz
Hotel Clarks Shiraz
1,569 Reviews
Agra, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
51 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clarks Shiraz and the Trident Hilton Agra

AntLondon, what kind of a room did you book at the clarks? (i.e. standard, deluxe, etc.) and how far is it from the taj? How did you get to the taj? Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clarks Shiraz and the Trident Hilton Agra

We just booked a standard room and it was fine. I forgot to mention earlier that the rooftop restaurant was superb also. Like the rest of the hotel somewhat 'international' in feel, but fantastic food.

Getting to the Taj - we'd booked a car and driver for the whole day, as we were going on to Fatehpur Sikri and Jaipur, so I can't say how much a taxi would cost to the Taj. But it's only minutes away, so not much presumably. A car can only take you so far tho - for the last kilometre it's foot or pedal power. We opted for a cycle rickshaw and paid 50 rupees for a round trip. We really didn't believe our rickshaw would actually be there when we were through but were delighted (and somewhat humbled) to see our guy waving at us when we left the Taj three hours later!

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
51 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clarks Shiraz and the Trident Hilton Agra

Thanks for the advice Antlondon... I've already booked a deluxe room there and can't be bothered to change it now.

One quick follow up question... did you make use of the hotels train station pick-up service? They charge Rs. 350, but I'm sure you can get it cheaper than that.

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clarks Shiraz and the Trident Hilton Agra

We got a taxi from the pre-paid taxi booth on the forecourt of Agra Station - very easy and straightforward and you know you're not being charged over the odds. Can't remember exactly how much it was but I'm sure it was less than 350.

Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
51 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clarks Shiraz and the Trident Hilton Agra

thanks for your advice AntLondon... Agra seems like it will be an interesting time!

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
7. Re: Clarks Shiraz and the Trident Hilton Agra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 20, 2009