We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ooty or manali? (june end 2014)

7 posts
Save Topic
ooty or manali? (june end 2014)

Hi,

Me and my cousins(from pune) are planning for a vacation in last week of this month. Many of them suggested to visit  kullu-manali or mysore ooty kodaikanal. 

Depending on weather conditions what would be the preferable destination? Heard of monsoon has arrived lately in south, so will that spoil our trip to ooty? Or should we straight away leave for manali?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ooty or manali? (june end 2014)

Not a comparison at all, for all of Mysore-Ooty-Kodaikanal circuit's beauty, and I say this as someone who has done this circuit maybe a 100 times over the past 10 years, consider this: 1500m altitude against 4000m for Kullu-Manali, with the breathtaking Himalayas as the backdrop. If you love your hills, go for Manali any day. And it has just started pouring in the South!

2. Re: ooty or manali? (june end 2014)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 15, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Ooty (Udhagamandalam)