We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mysore-Ooty-Kodaikanal

Bhubaneswar, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Mysore-Ooty-Kodaikanal

Hi,

We are planning to visit Mysore, Ooty, Kodaikanal in the last week of May'2014. We will start tour from Bangalore & will end at Chennai. We have planned like this: Day 1: Bangalore to Mysore by morning train, local sightseeing & night stay. Day 2: local sightseeing at Mysore, night stay. Day3: Mysore to Ooty & nightstay. Day 4 & 5: Local sightseeing at Ooty. Day6: ooty to Kodaikanal. Day 7 & 8 Kodaikanal sightseeing. Day 9 back to Chennai. I would like to know the below things:

1: Whether the tour plan is ok or not

2:What is the temperature level at that period of time & whether it will be a pleasant tour or not considering the temperature & other factors

3: As we have small kids & ladies in group, travel by road in bus will be difficult due to vomiting etc. Pls suggest train routes & routes where train service is not available whether Volvo service is available or not

4: Will it be cost effective if we hire a vehicle from Bangalore for total 8 days ( We have 5 persons in the group & 2 small kids under 2 yrs of age)

5: please suggest any better tour plan if we do not hire a vehicle for the entire 8 days, whether from Bangalore to ooty then to Mysore then to Kodaikanal is a better plan or not.

Will appreciate a reply from destination expert Mr. Prassanna

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Mysore-Ooty-Kodaikanal

hello sir,

please tell me that after reaching ooty can i board toy train to see the scenic beauty of that place?i want to go in oct-nov with my family,. is it a best time,? i want to visit bangalore, mysore,coorg ,ooty,kodaikanal,then return to chennai ? visit mahabaleswar........within 12-days

please give me suggestion how to plan the trip ,hotels name (budget),important places to visit in around,trains name .

durgapur
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Mysore-Ooty-Kodaikanal

we reach Bangalore on 29th Sep with my family. at 9.00 pm ,return back on 8th oct by flight at 7.30 am.We want to visit Bangalore,Mysore,Ooty & Kodaikanal.How I plan my programme.we want to return back from Ooty by toy train

Edited: 1:04 am, July 23, 2014
chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mysore-Ooty-Kodaikanal

Kuridurgapur

Welcome to Triapdvisor

On 29th sep stay in Bangalore, next hire a cab cover local sightseeing on 29th & 30th stay at bangalore

On 1st proceed to Mysore for two days and cover Ooty for 3,4,5 and proceed to kodai halt 6 7 kodai and proceed to Bangalore for return flight

If want to travel Ooty toy train go from Ooty to Coonoor by this toy train and return to Ooty same day

14. Re: Mysore-Ooty-Kodaikanal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, July 25, 2015