We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour operators in Coonoor

Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Tour operators in Coonoor

I have booked Toy train from Ooty to Coonoor at 9:15 AM. I want to know, are there any SIC based sightseeing tour operators (shared seat in Bus/ mini-vans) at Coonoor which I can take after reach there. Or I need to book a trip in Ooty itself ?

In short - this is my plan -

1) Take the Toy train from Ooty to Coonoor. It will reach Coonoor at about 10:30 AM

2) At Coonoor, take a sightseeing tour on a shared mini-van/ bus

3) Take a bus for return trip from Coonoor to Ooty in evening.

Mentioned in this post
Toy Train
Toy Train
102 Reviews
Tamil Nadu, India
Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
The Nilgiris District, India
Coonoor
Coonoor
Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour operators in Coonoor

Hi Swetha...

There are tour operators based out of Coonoor, but I personally feel, it is better if you negotiate with somebody in Ooty itself and join the group in Coonoor so that you can complete the tour in Ooty itself. There are a lot of operators in the Charring Cross or Commercial Street areas, to whom you can negotiate.

Regards

Prasanna

Mentioned in this post
Coonoor
Coonoor
Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour operators in Coonoor

Hi

As a tourist, there's just a defined set of things to do at Coonoor (unless your interests are specific - like attending a pass out parade at the historical Wellington Army Regiment, scientific visit to Pasture Institute etc)

Otherwise, I would suggest, when you exit the Coonoor train station, hire a cab for the day, drive out (around 25 Kms) to the Lambs Rock, Dolphins Nose sight seeing points, club it with a Tea Factory visit (maybe Brooklyn or the Adderly tea factory - you can call them before getting there and their numbers are all over the net) and get back to town around 2 PM for a quick lunch. Then, you can look at spending some time at the city based locations like Sims Park, a home made chocolate or a 'Ooty Varukey' factory, and a few other places depending on your interest, before calling it a day by around 5 PM.

You can either get dropped by the cab at Ooty (just 25 Kms away) or board a bus to get back by 6PM.

I honestly have no first hand experience about shared transport at Coonoor, but i do feel a private cab for a few hours will help you plan it better at your pace and time.

Of course, there is a cost factor, bu i do feel the difference, especially considering the convenience, would weight in the favor of a cab. Anyways, that is your personal call.

Hope this helps

regards

Rajan

Mentioned in this post
Coonoor
Coonoor
Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour operators in Coonoor

Thanks Prasanna and Rajan for your response and suggestions.

As suggested by Prasanna, I would try to find a tour operator which could drop us in Ooty station and pick up at coonoor for the sight-seeing trip.

If you know of any such tour operators in Ooty, kindly let me know the contact details.

Actually I dont want to spend much of the precious time in Ooty just searching for tours and travels, instead of visiting places. That's why I want everything to be pre-planned as much as possible.

Mentioned in this post
Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
4. Re: Tour operators in Coonoor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:56 pm, November 28, 2013
Chennai (Madras...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour operators in Coonoor

what will be the cab charges to roam around coonor one day and ooty one day.?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour operators in Coonoor

Hi Sweta,

Hope you are doing good.

In coonoor there are two operators running tours&package services Viz: KPN travels, Greenline Travels.

Whatever i mentioned, these travel operators are TicketGoose Authorised partners.

Thank you...

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour operators in Coonoor

Hi radhatg..

If I have not mistaken, the operators you have mentioned are Omni Bus Operators and I don't think they conduct local sight seeing tours. Please do check on the same and correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Prasanna

8. Re: Tour operators in Coonoor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 25, 2015