We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel question

new delhi
2 posts
Save Topic
travel question

want to come to ooty from kopargoan by train. advice me where to get down if travelling by train and the name of the train

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,974 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel question

I do not know where kopargoan is located if you have train up to Coimbatore alight there and proceed to Mettupalayam to catch Ooty train Coimbatore to Mettupalayam by train or bus

visit erail.in for train details

Edited: 9:52 am, January 26, 2013
Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel question

Hi akgnm...

Welcome to Trip Advisor...

There are no direct trains to Ooty from Kopergoan. You would have to change trains in some part. The easiest seems to be Bangalore. I would personally suggest that you reach Bangalore by train and take a KSRTC bus from there to Ooty, else it becomes a little longer.

Regards

Prasanna

3. Re: travel question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 28, 2014