We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Lakeview Ooty

Bengaluru, India
7 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Lakeview Ooty

Hi,

I am planning on a bike trip with my friends to Ooty in November . I will be riding from Mysore to Ooty . I have a booked a Deluxe cottage in Hotel Lakeview through cleartrip.com. Can some one give pointers on the Hotel.

1) How is the food there?

2) How will be the weather in Ooty in November.

3) How safe is the parking available in Hotel Lakeview. Since I will be on bike and I guess it's an open parking near the cottage . Will it be safe.

4) What are must see places in Ooty .

5) I am planning on hiring a local cab for sightseeing . Can some one give me pointers on the cost of let's say indica etc.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Lakeview Ooty

The hotel is decently located if you have your own conveyance and the food is also generally good. November would be cold and rainy, but as you might understand, the weather these days are really unpredictable. Parking of bikes would not be a cause for concern as they are generally safe. For things to do and see in Ooty, read the older posts in the forum or even the hotels website has the details. There are set package tours offered by local travel operators, and the cost depends on which one you prefer. The cost might be around Rs.1000 to Rs.2000 approximately.

Please Note - I do not have first hand experience in this hotel and what is opined is by hearsay and based on existing TA reviews.

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Lakeview Ooty

Hi

I've been to this place (to visit friends who were staying there) almost 5 years ago and this was a decent resort.

It's on the other side of the lake and is a great drive (especially by Bikes) to the resort. Parking was not an issue - in fact, if i remember right, you could park you vehicles right in front of your alloted cottages and the place was quite safe for the whole set of cottages were one large gated community.

Sorry, i do not remember the details about the food etc,

regards

Rajan

Bengaluru, India
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Lakeview Ooty

Thanks Rajan and prasanna for your replies. Highly obliged!

Bengaluru, India
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Lakeview Ooty

Can you also please advice on the road I should follow for Mysore to Ooty . Since I travel by a bike ,probably the best option would be a shorter route but a nice one.

Thanks in advance

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Lakeview Ooty

Mysore - Nanjangud - Gundulpet - Bandipur - Mudumalai - Masinagudi or Gudalur - Ooty. You may decide on Gudalur or Masinagudi in consultation with the locals enroute, but Gudalur is considerably longer.

Bengaluru, India
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Lakeview Ooty

Hi Prasanna,

Can you please tell me which of the two routes suggested by you is more scenic. I heard that the gudalur route passes through Pykara Lake and 9th mile tourist spots plus no hairpin bends. Can you suggest me ,. Also keep in mind the road conditions of these two routes.

Pune, Maharashtra...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Lakeview Ooty

The hotel lakeview is one of the famous hotels in Ooty, as ooty is one of the famous hill station people love to visit ooty in any season, but it is more beautiful in winter.Actually i visited to Ooty in last month at that time that was winter season and i enjoyed a lot in ooty. I always prefer to book my hotel and travel online so these things does not effect my plans of traveling so to avoid inconvenience prefer online booking of hotels.

www.travelguru.com

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Lakeview Ooty

You would have to take a diversion in Theppakadu. The Gudalaur route is 30 - 35 kms longer, not much steep and the roads are a little bad. Yes, this passes through Pykara Falls and Lake. The Masinagudi route is through the Kalhatty Ghats, which is steep with about 36 bends, is shorter and comparatively better. Both routes are equally scenic and it is only a matter of choice, based on your convenience. Be informed that the check post for the road through Masinagudi, gets closed by 8.00 PM.

Bengaluru, India
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Lakeview Ooty

Hi Prasanna ,

Will Ooty lake be opened for boat rides during 1st nad 4th of november. I heard the government had undertaken the cleaning of the lake. So has the work started or is it still on the roadmap.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Lakeview Ooty

Boating goes on, irrespective of any other plan.. So, don't worry..