We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toy Train from Mettupalayam to Ooty

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Toy Train from Mettupalayam to Ooty

I have booked for Toy train (First Class) from Mettupalayam to Ooty for 30th September 2012 but it was in Waiting List 1 , 2 ,3 for past two months . When I have booked it was WL 3,4,5 . It became WL 1,2,3 by August 21st. Since there are only 20 days left , I would like to know whether some chances are there for the tickets to get confirmed ?

Thanks .

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toy Train from Mettupalayam to Ooty

Remote or may be one or two would get confirmed. Suggest you also book in the Second Class to ensure travel as these tickets are very low cost. For further predictions, you way check at PNR Predictions part of indiarailinfo.com, which I am satisfied using.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toy Train from Mettupalayam to Ooty

Hi Prasanna,

I haven't booked in Second class since the waiting list is already around 45 . I have posted the same waiting list status for my booked tickets in indianrailinfo.com and I have received all the 35 responses as the ticket will get confirmed. Is there any General Quota tickets which will be available for Toy train ? Is there Tadkal bookings ? Please suggest.

Thanks

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toy Train from Mettupalayam to Ooty

Hi Ramesh...

If the response is 100% positive in indiarailinfo, then I personally think you need not have to worry. You can always find a place in that train, if there is an issue, by paying a few hundreds. This is my personal opinion.

Regards

Prasanna

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toy Train from Mettupalayam to Ooty

Hi Prasanna ,

Thanks for the reply . I hope that it will get confirmed . Else I will miss the toy train :( I have also checked for travel between Conoor and Ooty . Two trains were available but the timings of the train are not convenient . Hoping for the best !

India
Level Contributor
26 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toy Train from Mettupalayam to Ooty

FWIW, I booked first class tickets for travel in mid-August around 10 days before travel and it was WL 5/6, and it got confirmed the previous day before travel. So, I don't think you need to worry about it.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toy Train from Mettupalayam to Ooty

Hi Ramesh J,

I don't think there would be an issue. If not confirmed, which is very very remote, read the second line of my reply.

Regards

Prasanna

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toy Train from Mettupalayam to Ooty

Hi Ganzee ,

Thanks a lot :)

Hi Prasanna ,

Thanks for your guidance throughout all my posts :) Tickets may or may not get confirmed . I will be in train !! (Have read your second line of previous reply)

8. Re: Toy Train from Mettupalayam to Ooty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, September 24, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toy Train from Mettupalayam to Ooty

All my Tickets got Confirmedddddd :)

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Toy Train from Mettupalayam to Ooty

Feel really happy for you... Enjoy a great trip...