We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Ooty in Mid Jan

Which Ooty hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Ooty in Mid Jan

Is it a good time to visit Ooty in mid-Jan? Also how early should we e starting with the hotel bookings for the same date. Because I checked and found that some hotels are already booked out as per tripadvisor/agoda. Please suggest on the booking and good hotels if possible.

Note: Me and my wife are planning for the visit.

Thanks!

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Ooty in Mid Jan

Hi...

Welcome to Trip Advisor...

Personally feel, it is too early now for bookings in January. But, if you are getting the expected rates and the kind of properties, you may do it anytime. Ooty is an all year round destination and only the differentiator would be the little rains or sun.

Regards

Prasanna

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Ooty in Mid Jan

Hi

Mid Jan is when the Pongal festival season starts in Tamilnadu for a few days. So, if you are planning your trip around the 15th, then it may be good to book in advance. Yes, you are right, a couple of leading names - are almost sold out for the 13th to 20th week of January 2013.

Ooty would be at the fag end of winter during that time line - a bit chilly at nights.

If you indicate your budget range, we could possibly suggest a couple of options for stay.

regards

Rajan

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Ooty in Mid Jan

Hey Thanks Friends,

Thanks for the quick reply and hence guiding me. Actually I am also planning between 15th and 22nd Jan. So I am planning to book in advance. I have range of say 5K per day and planning for 4-5 days/nights of stay. Also its tough to find direct contact numbers of hotels like Club Mahindra, Sherlock....so that booking is done directly. Whats your suggestion? Should I use intermediate parties like agoda/expedia or do direct booking?

Thanks!

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Ooty in Mid Jan

Also 4-5 days are sufficient for decent sight-seeing right? Please suggest.

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Ooty in Mid Jan

Hi

Nothing like getting it done directly. 4 to 5 days is great for a leisurely and spaced out holiday. Check this link for more info on contact details . .

clubmahindra.com/includes/…20Ooty.pdf

regards

Rajan

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Ooty in Mid Jan

hi,

You may also think of Sterling resorts Ooty which is within your budget sterlingholidays.com/know-the-destinations/o…

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g297679-d300955-…

regards,

Alen_10

7. Re: Trip to Ooty in Mid Jan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, September 24, 2012
8. Re: Trip to Ooty in Mid Jan

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, September 24, 2012
9. Re: Trip to Ooty in Mid Jan

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 07, 2013