We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theni-Ooty-Mysore-Dharamstala-Bangalore

Theni
2 posts
Save Topic
Theni-Ooty-Mysore-Dharamstala-Bangalore

My home town is Theni. I and around 15 members of my surrounds wiould like for a four day tour. All of them want to visit ooty, mysore dharamastala, bangalore way back to Theni. I want to know the alternate route and suggested alternate tour plan. Thanks

Happy Mani

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theni-Ooty-Mysore-Dharamstala-Bangalore

Hi Happy Mani,

You could have continued on the same thread you had previously opened instead of a new one. I am not able to understand when you say an alternate route or alternate route plan. In case you are mentioning the previous post of mine, then the below is the reply. I would reiterate that doing all these destination in four days would be a humongous task.

IMO, you may do Theni - Mysore - Dharmasthala - Ooty - Theni. Bangalore would be a detour from Mysore. The route you might opt fro Dharmasthala to Ooty would be Madikeri - Gonikappal - Sultan Bathery - Gudalur - Ooty. Be informed that the road in between Sulya and Madikeri is being relaid and some stretches would have diversions.

Feel free to revert for any clarifications,

Regards

Prasanna

Mentioned in this post
Madikeri
Madikeri
Kodagu (Coorg), India
Gudalur
Gudalur
The Nilgiris District, India
Bangalore...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Theni-Ooty-Mysore-Dharamstala-Bangalore

Hi Prasanna,

Thanks for all your posts,

Appreciate if anyone has the details direct from Bangalore to ooty and ooty to Bangalore, am looking for complete package from home to home including ooty stay.

Could you suggest what all the good places to visit in ooty we have only 2 days during weekend from 23rd and 24th June'2012 we are planning,

Thanks

Purna

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theni-Ooty-Mysore-Dharamstala-Bangalore

Hi Purna,

Welcome to trip Advisor.

Suggest you dig the Ooty and Coonoor Forums a little deeper as there are many posts answering the above question of yours. I remember answering a very similar question a week back. Check out and if you have any further doubts, please feel free to revert.

Regards

Prasanna

One small personal advise - Pls avoid publishing contact information in an open forum considering your privacy and security.

Bangalore...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Theni-Ooty-Mysore-Dharamstala-Bangalore

Thank you, Prasanna i will check and take care not to use my personal numbers next time.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Theni-Ooty-Mysore-Dharamstala-Bangalore

You may, if required, remove the above post by clicking the "Report inapproriate content > Remove my post".

Feel free to revert for any clarifications..

Regards

Prasanna

6. Re: Theni-Ooty-Mysore-Dharamstala-Bangalore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ooty (Udhagamandalam)