We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangalore -Ooty tour

Which Ooty hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Bangalore -Ooty tour

Pl. guide to plan Bangalore-Ooty tour for saturday-sunday( Ttwo Days)?

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangalore -Ooty tour

hi,

Start early morning from Bangalore ,130KM Mysore, 70KM Guldelpettu, 18 KM Bandhipure 27KM ,Thekkupady 17 KM ,Masanagudi 30KM Ooty

One more rout - Thekkupady 27KM Gudallur 52KM Ooty .

N.B the Bandhipure wildlife open only in 6 am to 6pm .

REGARDS

KERALA DAYZ

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangalore -Ooty tour

Hi...

The above post gives the exact route. Mysore - Nanjangudu - Gundalpet - Bandipur - Theppakad - Masinagudi - Kavaratty - Ooty. There are a lot of things you can do in this route, as it is a tourist's delight. If your plan is only Ooty, leave Bangalore early in the morning, so as to reach Ooty for lunch time. You may cover the local sight seeing spots, like Boat House, Botanical Garden, Rose Garden and the Lake the same day. Next day, you might consider Doddabetta Peak and the missed ones. Start early afternoon, enroute visit Pykara Lake and falls and Mudumalai, if time permits, reach Bangalore for dinner. On your way uphill, check with the people in the check posts, the closing times of the gates, as some are closed for traffic in the nights. This would give you an idea to plan your return journey.

Wish you a happy and safe trip,

Regards

Prasanna

Edited: 4:36 am, May 04, 2012
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangalore -Ooty tour

I recommend an extra day for covering all the spots in leisure. I have driven down to Ooty from Bangalore in my own vehicle on late march.

Read my travelogue for route and attraction details - …travelpod.com/travel-blog/…tpod.html

4. Re: Bangalore -Ooty tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:40 am, June 22, 2013