We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me with itinerary

india
4 posts
Save Topic
Help me with itinerary

Hi Guys!

I am planning a trip to following places from 25th December 2011 to 5th January 2012.

Chennai-Madurai-Kodaikanal- Ooty-Mysore-Tirupati-Bangalore and back to Patna from Bangalore. I would be travelling with my relatives (10 adults & 2 kids). Would request a suitable itinerary for my trip, local travel advise, intra city travel, decent budget hotels and places to see at these places.

Thanks and regards

Sarvesh

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me with itinerary

Hi Sarvesh,

Welcome to Trip Advisor.

As such your plans seems ok. This is the normal route without retracking. If you could indicate your preferences and interests, it would be much easier. The mode of travel being considered will also help.

Regards

Prasanna

india
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me with itinerary

Thanks BVS,

My mode of travel would be as:-

Patna to Chennai- by flight

Chennai - Madurai- by train, you may suggest alternative

Madurai-Kodaikanal - by road, please suggest mode whether hired car / temp traveller or by buses

Kodaikanal to Metupalayam - by road, please suggest mode whether hired car / temp traveller or by buses

Metupalayam to Ooty - by mountain train

Ooty to Mysore -by road, please suggest mode whether hired car / temp traveller or by buses

Mysore - Tirupati - by train or by road - please suggest

Tirupati - Bangalore - by train or by road - please suggest

Bangalore to Patna - by flight

I would prefer to stay at serviced apartment at places wherever available and if not, then at hotel. My budget for service apartment / hotel would be 1500/- per night.

Please suggest the duration to spend at each places and important places to visit.

Thanks and regards

Sarvesh

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me with itinerary

Hi

A suggestion here.

Tirupathi is very close to Chennai (under 150 KMS) and you are better off doing this during your Chennai sojourn.

Mysore and Bangalore are around 140 Kms from each other. Tirupathi is way off at around 400 Kms away.

So, finish your Tirupathi leg along with Chennai.

Chennai - Tirupathi - (Train) - Madurai- (Cab) Kodaikanal - Mettupalayam - Ooty - Mysore - Bangalore - Patna would be a logical route.

Just curious. Any reason why you have chosen both Kodaikanal and Ooty?

regards

Rajan

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me with itinerary

Hi Sarvesh,

Yes... As Rajan has pointed out, it would be better if you could finish the Tirupati agenda from Chennai itself, as it is very near. Madurai - Kodai - Ooty may be done by a Tempo Traveller considering the size of the group. From Ooty you may take a KSRTC bus to Mysore and the same way to Bangalore. KSRTC has an online booking facility and you may avail the same. You may consider visiting the hill temple of Lord Muruga at Palani enroute from Kodai to Ooty.

Regards

Prasanna

india
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me with itinerary

Thanks a lot.

I kept Kodai and Ooty both as is not sure where I can see flowers in bloom during this period of winter.

Pl. suggest.

Regards.

india
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me with itinerary

Thanks a lot BVS.

Suggestion accepted and would like to know whether I would be able to see flowers in bloom during this period of time in Ooty and Kodaikanal.

Please suggest.

Kind regards

Sarvesh

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me with itinerary

Dear Sarvesh,

Normally this is not a very blooming season. But, you may look at the botanical garden, rose garden etc. in Ooty. In Kodaikanal, Bryant Park and Chettiar Park are the options. You might not be disappointed in these places.

Regards

Prasanna

Edited: 8:21 am, August 19, 2011
Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me with itinerary

Dear Sarvesh

Do check this link on Kodai flowers for more info on the types of flowers found at Kodai and their seasons . . .

http://www.kodaionline.com/flowers.php

regards

Rajan

9. Re: Help me with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, October 11, 2012