We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kindly suggest me for Ooty,Kodikanal & munnar trip

Which Ooty (Udhagamandalam) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Noida
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
kindly suggest me for Ooty,Kodikanal & munnar trip

We have 7 night & want plan to visit Ooty,Kodikanal & munnar from coimbatore. kindly suggest me how to plan 7 nights (from18.06.11 to 25.06.11). We are receiving 18.06.11 in Coimbatore.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kindly suggest me for Ooty,Kodikanal & munnar trip

Dear Ram,

I would suggest, on arrival to Coimbatore, leave for Munnar. From Munnar proceed to Kodai and from Kodai come back to Coimbatore to proceed to Ooty. The travel from Ooty to Coimbatore is the shortest and you would not get tired after a vacation and I presume you will leave to your destination from Coimbatore. All these places are a maximum 200 kms apart, but the roads are little bad. Feel free to contact for any other clarifications.

Regards

Prasanna

Edited: 9:24 am, May 31, 2011
Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,138 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kindly suggest me for Ooty,Kodikanal & munnar trip

Hi Ram

Keep in mind this would be rainy season and you would be better off, restricting your road travel during the rains.

Maybe if you drop Ooty out of the list, then you can have a well spread out holiday at Munnar and Kodaikanal for those days.

Like Prasanna says, Munnar and Kodai are on the same route from Coimbatore

Coimbatore-Pollachi-Udumalpet-Chinnar - Marayoor - Munnar (around 160 Kms)

From Munnar, you can get down to Devikulam - Bodimettu - Bodi - Theni - Periya Kulam - Ganguvarpetty - Machoor - Perumal Malai - Kodaikanal - around 170 KM.

Ooty is on the other side of Coimbatore, almost on the opposite direction and you will need to get all the way back to Coimbatore to proceed to Ooty and hence the suggestion you can skip Ooty.

regards

Rajan

Noida
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kindly suggest me for Ooty,Kodikanal & munnar trip

Dear Mr. Prasanna,

Thanks for your reply.

Should we book hotel in advance or we can book it after reaching in Munnar.

We are 4 adults & will be requiring one family room as your suggest good hotel arround rs 2000/per night in Munnar.

Noida
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kindly suggest me for Ooty,Kodikanal & munnar trip

Dear Mr. Mrajank,

Thanks for your reply.

Should we book hotel in advance or we can book it after reaching in Munnar.

We are 4 adults & will be requiring one family room as your suggest good hotel arround rs 2000/per night in Munnar &Kodikanal.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kindly suggest me for Ooty,Kodikanal & munnar trip

Dear Ram,

There are a lot of decent hotels in Munnar, but I suggest you prebook it to have a hassle free holiday. Some properties I have stayed in Munnar, which are decent but might be slightly above your budget are T & U Leisure Hotel, Abad Copper Castle, Whispering Meadows, Sterling & Club Mahindra. Sterling & Club Mahindra are slightly far away (in Chinnakanal village)from Munnar town. You may check the hotel listings here to find some decent properties based on budget and reviews. Any which ways I will revert back to you after checking with my local contacts in Munnar. There would be a lot of guest houses and lodges in the main market area, wherein you can walk in, check the property for yourself, negotiate the prices and then finalise.

There are two routes to reach Kodai from Munnar, one is via the State Highway (read as single road) which is only around 100 kms whereas the other through the NH (which Rajan has referred) will be around 170 kms. It is prudent to check locally in Munnar about the SH road's condition and decide to travel on that. You may consider Rajan's suggestion for omitting Ooty but having traveled this far, you may might as well see Ooty also.

I foresee your trip as follows, reach Coimbatore on 18th Morning, leave to Munnar (4.30 hrs drive). Arrive at Munnar for lunch, check into hotel. Half day sight seeing in Munnar, overnight at Munnar. 19th June : Sight Seeing in Munnar and Overnight stay in Munnar. 20th June : After Breakfast, check out & proceed to Kodaikanal(3.30 hrs drive). Reach Kodai for lunch. 20th night & 21st night stay in Kodai. 22nd June : After breakfast leave for Coimbatore(4 hrs drive). Reach Coimbatore for lunch and proceed to Ooty - 90 kms (2.30 hrs to Connoor or 3 hrs to Ooty) (you may even choose to stay in Coonnor, which is comparatively less polluted and calm). Reach Ooty/ Coonnor by max 6 P.M. Overnight at Ooty. 23rd : Book a local sight seeing trip which would cover Ooty and Coonnor. Overnight Ooty. 24th : Finish balance sight seeing and shopping and leave for Coimbatore. If you are leaving to Noida only on 25th evening from Coimbatore, you may extend one night stay in any place you feel like or can spend 24th night in Coimbatore also.

Please feel free to revert back for any clarifications.

Regards

Prasanna

Edited: 5:55 am, June 01, 2011
Noida
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kindly suggest me for Ooty,Kodikanal & munnar trip

Dear Mr. Prasanna,

Thanks for providing detailed programme for our trip. Kindly infrom me if yoy have any infromationl from your local contact in Munnar.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kindly suggest me for Ooty,Kodikanal & munnar trip

Dear Ram,

Will revert back to you at the earliest...

Regards

Prasanna

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kindly suggest me for Ooty,Kodikanal & munnar trip

Dear Ram,

As far as I have checked, it is better to have one option blocked and on reaching Munnar you would see touts coming to you shouting "Rooms/Cottages". Get hold of a guy, he will take you around to multiple choices and fix the one which suits you.

Regards

Prasanna

Noida
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kindly suggest me for Ooty,Kodikanal & munnar trip

Do you know about Ayur County Resort & Villa Retreat Resort ? What are you veiw about these resorts. Do you have any experience? I am planning to booking in Ayur county for 3 nights in Valley view room for 4 person at Rs 12000/. Is it OK. Please suggest. Thanks.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kindly suggest me for Ooty,Kodikanal & munnar trip

Dear Ram,

I have personally not stayed at this particular resort. Please check our trip advisor reviews for this resort and its ratings. I generally follow these ratings and have fairly been happy with what is available in the property and what is written here. There are a lot of good resorts in Munnar and you will have great choices.

Regards

Prasanna