We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Query regarding OOTY Transport

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
63 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Query regarding OOTY Transport

Me and my friends are planning to visit ooty next weekend from bangalore.

We will be reaching coimbatore saturday early morning by train at around 5:25 am.

1. We are planning to take the bus from Coimbatore to Ooty. Can someone advise about the comfort level of this bus? Is the road very curvy and would the journey be tiring? We know about the train option but we are thinking of taking the bus to save some time as we are there only for saturday and sunday. But to add it to our itinerary we wud take ooty-conoor passenger next day to visit conoor.

2. Our train back to bangalore is at night 1 am from coimbatore . Plz suggest me the best mode of transport from ooty to coimbatore at night. I guess we have to leave ooty at around 8pm. Do buses ply at this time? How much taxis charge?

1. Re: Query regarding OOTY Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, August 17, 2010
2. Re: Query regarding OOTY Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 14, 2011