We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to travel from Madurai --> Palani -> Trichy?

Toronto. Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Is it possible to travel from Madurai --> Palani -> Trichy?

I am helping my in-laws plan a trip and they would like to travel from Madurai and see Palani, and then go to Trichy in one day.

They will be hiring a driver to take them, but is this route possible in one day?

They plan on leaving Madurai early one morning, then going to Palani, going to the temple there and then on the same day going to Trichy and staying overnight in Trichy. I'm not sure if this is too long of a journey.

Could someone please let me know if this is a good idea?

Thanks,

Shirah

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to travel from Madurai --> Palani -> Trichy?

Hi Shirah,

The distance between Madurai & Palani is around 125 kms and would take approx 2 hrs by car. Palani to Trichy would be around 160 kms and should take approx 3 1/2 hrs by road. This is definitely a very doable trip without any trouble and inconvenience.

Assuming they leave Madurai by 7 AM, they will reach Palani by max 9.30 AM. Let us assume the time for the entire darshan including up/down travel, performing pujas etc. to be around 4 hrs(very spaced out), then they will come back to the car by 1.30 PM. Another hour for lunch and relaxation, they hit the road by 2.30 PM to reach Trichy by max 6.30 PM. They may even plan something in between also.

Regards

Prasanna

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to travel from Madurai --> Palani -> Trichy?

Yes u can travel from Madurai to palani to trichy.

Madurai to Palani: Travel by bus is horrible as it takes 3.5hrs approx. Hence I suggest to travel by train from Madurai to Dindigul which is 1hr journey. From Dindigul travel by bus to Palani where every few minutes bus is available it took 1.5hrs. Look for govt bus PP(Point to Point) where it reaches in 1hr. Easy to travel even aged people to take. Stay at NEW TIRUPUR LODGE, Palani which is walkable inbetween bustand and temple. Take Horsechariot to travel. Rs.30/- fixed to all places. Hotel is Economy and good hospitality.

From Palani to Trichy: Pls dont travel by bus as u wl feel more uncomfortable journey and tired. Instead take Bus from Palani to Dindigul and took train from Dindigul to trichy which is 1.5hrs journey. Pls check train timings or book the train in advance as per ur plan. Hope my suggestion wud b helpful and enjoy the trip.

Bangalore
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to travel from Madurai --> Palani -> Trichy?

How much would a taxi charge from Madurai to Palani and back to madurai

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it possible to travel from Madurai --> Palani -> Trichy?

Yes, u can there are lot of taxis which is avlbl near taxi stand where u can contact auto driver for assistance to drop at taxi stand. U can pay upto 2300 for return transfer in ambassador/indica. If u staying in hotel u can ask them to provide cab but they wl charge little bit more. Before taking taxi ask their visiting card to contact and keep till u arrive or future needs. Instead take train from madurai to dindigul and take a cab u can save almost 1300/- for a return transfer from dindigul to palani moreover travel journey wl not b horrible. Plan accordingly to train timings if u travelling in train. happy journey

5. Re: Is it possible to travel from Madurai --> Palani -> Trichy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, June 18, 2013