We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madurai vs Kanchipuram

norway
Level Contributor
382 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Madurai vs Kanchipuram

How is Madurai compared to Kanchipuram? Are both equally good to see temples?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
786 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madurai vs Kanchipuram

I'd say yes. There are many temples, quite close together, and quite different in age and architecture in Kanchipuram, but there is the Meenakshi in Madurai, which is absolutely breathtaking, and the Tiruparankundram Temple on the outskirts of town, which is a rocktemple.

I loved both places, but would probably choose Madurai for accomodations and food, but would hate to be given the assignment of choosing.

I suppose it depends on your route and itinerary as well - are you going anywhere else, where one or the other would fit in nicely?

Hunbille

2. Re: Madurai vs Kanchipuram

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 26, 2010