We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit to avalanche

Which Coonoor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore
3 posts
Save Topic
visit to avalanche

Hi Guy,

I would like to visit avalanche along with my family, eventhough i was born and brought up in Coonoor i have never got a chance to visit this beautiful place, and the pics i saw on google has made me crazy about visiting this place, so i have planned for a happy weekend with my family after a long time away form home especially to visit avalancehe. So can anyone tell me more about this place and also help me by telling me how to get permission to visit the place...

Vishakapatnam
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: visit to avalanche

We visited this place on 18 SeptAvalanche and emerald are beautiful lakesThe route has beautiful lush green meadows After around 15-20 kms you need to take the road towards your right which goes towards Emerald Dam. We took the uphill right road and started towards emerald lake/dam. The distance from the turn to the lake is not more than few kms  When we reached the bridge separating emerald and Avalanchi lakes, we were just amazed.You need to be careful and watchful here, this place is pretty deserted so you need to reach there on time and leave by 4 pm. We drove upto the parking of a resort called Destiny farm

Chennai, Tamil...
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: visit to avalanche

Hi, This is sathish...am planning to visit Ooty by bike and would like to explore around ooty for two days. I need a favour from you...can u send me a rough landmark/sketch in google map by marking the places what you have mentioned like Orchidarium,Trout Fishery,Surukipalayam and an inner short cut road going to Upper Bhavani. My email ID is sathishfx@gmail.com. Thank you for sharing the info. Cheers!!!

Chennai, Tamil...
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: visit to avalanche

Hi Anita,

Do we need to take any permission to visit the bridge separating Avalanche and Emerald???

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: visit to avalanche

Is there any tour operators to arrange pass and guide us what to do? madan

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: visit to avalanche

why govt is not promoting tourism for Avalanche..

Kumbakonam, India
3 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: visit to avalanche

Dear sir,

I wish to visit avalanche and upper bhavani along with my family members.Kindly inform the latest procedures and formalities to visit the places.

A.S.RAGHURAMAN

INDIAN BANK-MUTTST.

KUMBAKONAM-612001

Kumbakonam, India
3 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: visit to avalanche

I wish to contact you by phone.Please inform or call to my mobile no(9443653249),if u wish.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: visit to avalanche

Hi Raghu,

You need no permission to enter these areas. You may just plan the trip and proceed, using the discussions in the above and few other thread posts, as this has been discussed in detail in here.

Regards

Prasanna

Kumbakonam, India
3 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: visit to avalanche

information required to visit kundha..route,whether permission required and other relevant informations.....

1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: visit to avalanche

hello Mr. prassana im planning to visit avalanche with my family on 2nd may is it possible to visit r any troubles is thr to visit

Get answers to your questions about Coonoor